“Worst Experience Ever - This place was better before”
Review of TGI Star Holidays

TGI Star Holidays
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Yercaud
BLR
“Worst Experience Ever - This place was better before”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I had gone to this place earlier in 2008 and went back again in Oct 2010 expecting the same i not better. There were row of Cottages and they are building one floor over existing rooms..there was water seepage all around the place. There was a Swimming pool from where they were taking water for construction. Food was horrible - I learnt in my life that Chicken fried rice is made from leftover verg pulao with leftover shredded Chicken Tikka. On the morning at 9:30, they said NO food is available. I argued with them saying a kichidi would take 15 mts to make...still no response. The pillows were wet and fungus and you would puke if you happen to put your face against it. Mosquitoes in the night....powercuts and no generators were switched on......To top it all, had an arguement with them during checkout and they were just putting their head down as if they are used to all these.......yuck.....Horrible exp ever....Sleep in the platform would be better.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LuvlyBlr

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We booked this hotel for our weekend stay in Yercaud for a small break after going through some reviews over different websites. We made a online booking through BharatOnline (Savion Travel Services Pvt. Ltd.),

Below are what I felt about the hotel
Rooms are clean but the hot water in wash room has problems sometime, there was frequent power cuts though it lasted only for 10 to 15 min
Food is ok with minimal options, room service for food takes more time than expected
Good Location

Overall I feel one can stay at this hotel if they can compromise on few things.

Have Fun

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
blore
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Booking done over phone after lo9oking at website & photos. We went with great expectations but were slightly disappointed. There was a severe water problem because of which we could not occupy the suite cottage & we were shown the deluxe cottage non a/c. It was the strange smell and the unclean blankets that put us off. The staff however were very helpful and courteous. The plus points are - central location, nice staff, entertainment (tv, swings, slides, carrom, badminton), quiet surroundings & a cheerful manager. The minus points - water problem, deserted restaurant, lack of travel info at reception, & poor upkeep of property. We had our coffee & every meal at other restaurants. Overall. its only an okay place, nothing great.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Chenai
Reviewed 13 January 2010

We have booked the hotel for all our team members at this place. It suited our budget and the accomdation was good.Slight problems when we checked in like smell, etc, but when complained all were taken care off, we 28 Members got fresh bedsheets, roomspray, bucket,mugs(ALL NEW). Amazing service. We checked out and when few ladies wanted to use the bathrooms after 4-5 hours of sight seeing they gave us 2 rooms without charge.. it was indeed great place.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
India
Reviewed 26 November 2009

If was Friday & I suddenly decided to visit Yercaud for the weekend. as expected, getting hotel accommodation for very next day was extreme difficult as most of the well known hotels were already booked for the weekend. I tied calling the hotels in Yercaud one by one to understand all were booked for the weekend. Finally I got the reference of Star Holiday Resort http://www.inasra.com/ & contacted the hotel directly, noticeably the manager (I am guessing that he's the owner) was very courteous in his talks & offered to book a standard room on my name as there was nothing else left, I confirmed the booking & told the manager that I'll reach there by 10 am.

I reached Yercaud around 11 am & there was absolutely no hassle to locate this property as it's located near to lake (approx. 0.5 km). After reaching to hotel, the hotel management told me to wait for 10-15 minutes as the room was getting cleaned. I decided to take a round to the lake & told the manager that I'll be returning in 15-20 minutes. I returned after 1 hour but to my horror the room was not ready yet. I informed the manager that I'll go & have lunch & hopefully the room should be ready by that time. Thankfully, when I returned after a good 1 hour the manager informed me that the room is ready. First thing I checked after entering the room was for it's cleanliness & let me tell you the room was not cleaned properly. I hate to say this but when I checked the toilet, I could see the used sanitary pads lying on the upper shelf of the toilet. I got disappointed with this & complained to the management about it, finally after lot's of calls & followup I got the entire room & the toilet got cleaned up to my satisfaction.

The first day passed by & next day in the morning I found out that hot water was not coming in my room. I called up several times to the reception every time to here that I'd be getting the hot water in another 5-10 minutes. Finally after 1.5 hours of non yielding follow up I reached to reception to understand what's going? The manager told me that there was a problem with the hot water pipeline in my room & he'll give me another room (a Deluxe Cottage) just to take bath & then I can return to my own room. I felt very dishonored as how can the hotel management expect it's guest to use another room just for taking bath as the hot water was not available in the room. I genuinely got frustrated & told the manager that I am leaving the hotel right away & don't want to continue staying for another day in such a lousy property. Finally the manager agreed to move me in to another room & this time he offered me a a much cleaner Deluxe Cottage at the price of standard room.

In a nut shell I'll rate this property as okay (as I got a Deluxe Cottage for the price of standard room for the next day) & moreover there was not much choice in food as the resort restaurant offers idaly, vada, dosa, poori & fried rice. I'll advise not to stay in the standard room, but rather go for a Deluxe Cottage in this property & for food you may try the Shevaroy's resort, the multi cuisine & chinese restaurant at Shevaroy's is fairly decent.

• Liked — Location is near to te Lake
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, it was worst
  • Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank IndianTripper

Travellers are raving about these Yercaud hotels