First time in Jamaica and first time with Sandals Franchise, but they definitely live up to their reputation as one of the top all inclusive in the world. South Coast was about an Hour and a half bus ride from Montego Bay and was really in the middle of no where outside of Whitehouse. the resort has plenty to eat, plenty to drink, and plenty to do. its the type of place where you dont go off on too many excursions because you wont have to look hard to keep yourself entertained.
now key points of EXCELLENCE:
- NO PUSHY SALESMEN
No Timeshare or Loyalty membership pushers here! Yeah it was Available, but they understood the first no.
- Hot tubs at every pool
hot tubs are a personal fave
- Cleanest and Calmest beach ive been on yet
(yes there is ocean grass in the water, but its soft and the sand is really really fine)
they constantly cleaned and raked the beaches and even on red flag days the reef that was about 600 feet out broke the surf down to where you wouldnt be pushed around but just drifting easily back in
- Couples/Adults only resort
no further comments needed
the only bad point i have to make is the long trip to and from the airport, but i had to pick something lol!
The bar on the east end of the resort by Neptunes has the freest flowing liquor
Dont stay in the hot tub too long, you will get dehydrated quick and not realize
Dont let yourself get dehydrated
Order two entrees if your really hungry, they serve small portions, which i like cause i get to try more
All the Lamb is Excellent!!!
During hurricane season or the rainy season it rains every afternoon from about 2-5 and cools things off nicely, look in your closet for an umbrella
All in all i hope this helps better than just saying it was a great stay so that you all reading this can maximize your enjoyment and get acclimated to the resort quickly, because it sure was over all too soon for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au and Prestigia so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica