“5th Wedding Anniversary--- Amazing!”

and 1 more site!
Sandals South Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We had honeymooned at a Sandals resort 5 years ago and have planned on traveling to another one ever since. Jamaica has always been on our travel list, so we chose Sandals South Coast as where to stay to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.

The staff in the entire resort were helpful, friendly and amazing. They always went out of their way to make you feel more comfortable and to make sure that you were having a great time.

Our room was cleaned and picked-up several times throughout the day and it was always nice to receive the newsletter each night to let you know what restaurants would be open the next day or what activities were happening around the resort.

The resort is beautiful. The landscaping, flowers, buildings, restaurants and pools are very well maintained. The beaches do have some seaweed, but the staff are always out cleaning it up every morning. The setting is absolutely beautiful and the sunsets amazing!!!

Some of our favorites on the entertainment committee were Nelson, Toni and Bones! The drum band that they brought in were amazing. We got to see them perform twice during the week that we were there. Rori the opera singer, was absolutely amazing and listening to him was a great way to spend a relaxing evening.

The bartenders around the entire resort were always entertaining and you never had to wait for a drink. Some of our favorites were Kevin, Kevon and Myers. Kevin always greeted you with a smile and even served us drink on his head. Kevon made me a fabulous pink drink, "The Ocean Wave". It is one that you must try!

The resort never felt crowded while we were there. There was never a time that we had to wait to get into any restaurants, wait for chairs at the pool, etc.

The water sports provided were great. The tubing, sea kayaking and paddle boarding are all great ways to spend some time on the water. Sometimes the wind picks up in the afternoon, so it is a good idea to try to do these in the morning in case they do have to close.

We purchased a bottle of wine at the Managers cocktail party and were expecting to have the bottle at a dinner later in the week. When we arrived to dinner that evening we were pleasantly surprised to be served on the beach, in a private cabana with a private server right by the ocean in the candlelight. It was an amazing evening!!!

There is no reason to ever be thirsty or hungry at this resort! There are so many options. Jasmine's food (especially the salmon and the rice) is amazing and Eleanor's has amazing food as well. The sushi restaurant has a great vibe and the food is amazing.

Walking the beach at sunset and spending some time at Latitude the over the water bar laying in a hammock or sitting by a fire pit are a great way to end an evening.

Overall, my husband and I had an amazing anniversary. Sandals did an amazing job making our week together one to remember. We will definitely be returning to Sandals in the future.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms in the French Village have beautiful views of the sunset
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scarlson2011
Write a ReviewReviews (7,258)

Reviewed 18 September 2017

My husband and I stayed at Sandals South Coast for our first real honeymoon we got married two years prior we stayed Septmeber 9-15 (7 days was not enough ) First off getting there was a nightmare there was a wreck on the main road and we went on a scenic route through the mountains on the rough pot hole filled winding roads for three and a half hours i was car sick and grouchy and hungry when i got there i could'nt appreciate anything until the next day ... although due to Irma we felt like we had the place to our self all weekend which was nice bc once people started coming in on Monday it was not as tranquil..... We stayed in the French Village .... now ...... the thing about the french village is that they are working on over the water bungalows on that end of the resort ...... they would hammer at 530 am and keep on until midnight at times........ which meant we had to track up to one of the other beaches to get away from the from the noise, also the beach right in front of the french village was totally useless due to the large amount of sea grass that had washed up from Irma ( not sandals fault but it was not cleaned up promptly i could never use the beach right there at my room .... plus it smelled really bad once they decided to take a back hoe and clean it up 5 days later) and the construction noise.Also the size of the bathtub in my room was not up to par I'm a huge bath person an when the drinking started to catch up with me i needed one bad the tub in my room was too small to soak my body and i was not about to pay that overpriced spa for a bath food for thought Sandals your spa treatments are unreasonably priced i would have loved to enjoy while i was there but the cost was too much. Now lets talk about all the good things THE STAFF IS AMAZING !!! Every single staff member we encountered was friendly smiling and happy ( for me is wonderful bc i work in a stressful enviroment where no one ever smiles ) Stand out names were Nelson (entertainment staff) Juleta from Schooners , All the ladies at bayside in the morning for breakfast ! The staff at Jasmines manager Roberto and the chef himself came out and spoke with us ! Nesean at the bar next to neptunes every night putting up with us drunks that gathered there he handled it with grace and catered to our every need !! Even the housekeepers were amazing ! I think its a testament to their culture also :) I only encountered one bartender i didn't care for at lattitudes during the day who barley spoke and acted like i was bothering her conversations with other guests. The food was great i ate and drank and drank some more....... The water sports were super fun and the snorkeling was awesome even if i wasn't very good at it for my first try the guys on the boat still encouraged me to come back and try again ! I We had a candlelight dinner at sunset for our anniversary on September 12th and WOW it was amazing our server was super sweet and kind and made me feel like a queen ! The reosrt also honored my request of having red velvet cake which wasn't on the menu made for us that night ! We felt so spoiled by that dinner most dinners will be boring after that one , not to mention the spectacular sunset we got that night during out first course it was simply to die for ! Once the water settled down from all the storms out at sea it was gorgeous .... i would lay out in the little trampoline things and have tropical fishes and baby turtles all around me (nothing makes me happier than the curious Caribbean marine life) SO all in all we had a pretty great expirence and would for sure come back when the construction is over and were not going to be confined to the pools due to rough water ( again not sandals fault )! We loved our room bc of the direct view of the sunset from the 4th floor we got everynight it became an everynight thing for us to go up to the room watch the sunset on the balcony then go eat dinner , they were just that good yall ! Also a shout out to the local artists that came to the resort ... it was awesome and we loved talking with them ... also great that we didn't have to leave the resort to get a glimpse of the culture !

Room Tip: Frech Village 3408 ...... best views of the sunset ever !
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Wow! What a beautiful resort filled with phenomenal staff.
*I'll add my comments about staff at the end*

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our time there despite the fact we traveled the week hurricane Irma decided to make a run right for home in FL - we had to cut our trip a day short in order to make it back to FL in time. Talk about stressful - but despite that our trip was amazing.

Travel to resort is about 90 minutes from airport in Montego Bay. Depending on the driver, the ride can be joyful and informative or stressful - we experienced both!
FYI-Be sure to have a small amt of cash to tip drivers.

Resort - yes there is construction. However, we did not experience any interruptions, any noise, or anything that we felt disrupted or "ruined" our trip. Currently you cannot walk the entire beach due to the construction. I would say that is the only downside due to the construction at this point in time.

The grounds are kept immaculate. The beach was beautiful. Yes,there is seaweed but not obnoxious. The crew is out every morning raking up the beach, making it presentable for the entire resort and their guests. The water depending on the day and the wind is clear and you can see the bottom. We were lucky enough to even see some starfish while kayaking.

We stayed in the Italian Beachfront one Bedroom Butler Suite.
Gorgeous room. Only thing that's a tad misleading in Sandals marketing for the room is rooms with glass balconies - that is not the case. They are all cast iron ones. Nonetheless view is amazing!
Bed is incredibly comfortable. Plenty of space in closet and dressers. Safe in closet as well - though we never felt we needed to use it.
Shower has dual heads - regular and rain shower. Separate toilet. Sink is huge -like too big. disadvantage - no counter space. So that was a bit of a challenge when it came time to get ready with curling irons/hair dryer and make-up. Nowhere to put anything.
Fridge stocked daily and plenty of wine and liquor for days. Re-stocked at your command. Comfortable separate living area - large balcony as well.
Very clean!

Food was great. Breakfast most days at Bayside - made to order eggs and omlets-can never go wrong! Lunch was either poolside burgers or pizzas delivered to us by our butlers. Neptunes or Giuseppe's. Jerk shack was a fav as well.

Dinner at Eleanor's was the best dinner we had. Would recommend that place more than one time if your time permits. *no pressure to buy from managers wine list either*

We made reservations the day of with our butler and never had any issues getting the time we wanted.

Latitudes bar was by far our favorite sunset location. Hammocks were fantastic - go early otherwise you'll miss your chance to get one.

Monday's and Thursday's outside vendors come to the resort for the day for you to browse and purchase local merchandise. I never felt haggled by them - no pressure to stop and look and no pressure to buy.

We did two excursions- YS Falls and Sunset Cruise.
Both were great! YS Falls is very peaceful - one large falls and smaller pools to relax by. It's a nice adventure out - we got it complimentary with our booking.

Sunset cruise is a party cruise - fun nonetheless. You make one stop out near a local beach and go back. Tour is 3 hours.
The crew we had on the boat however were awesome and fun! We even got to drive!

We used all the pools but the one we spent the most time at was the main pool closest to the resort entrance and lobby. Water is warm - but still pleasant. We did have a butler so seats were reserved for us daily and a cooler was filled. We usually just opted for the water in the cooler and went to the bar for drinks.

Entertainment - amazing. Amazing people!
So this is were I'll post my personal comments regarding the staff - whom we now call friends!

The entertainment staff is by far the best staff ! Their energy, their personalities, and their enthusiasm to please their guests is by far the best. The activities they chose, the games we played, and the personal interaction we had with them made the trip. Toni is an excellent leader and her team Annecia, Deshae, Jhoniel, Nelson, Jasmine and Onya work well together! We had a blast getting to know each and every single one of them and taking them with us to breakfast, lunch, and enjoying the activities with them.

Our Butler's, Romaine and Claudius are simply the best! They made everything happen. From a simple request to more complex requests they were there. Always smiling & always there to accommodate! This was our first experience with butlers and based on our experience with them we will never ever not have butler service again. I sincerely hope the next time we have the opportunity to visit SSC they will still be there and will be our Butler's again.

The bartenders were phenomenal. We had three favorites. Shanakay, Hyatt and Renaldo. The three of them know how to make excellent drinks! We always made it a point to find one of the three to serve our drinks. They made us feel welcome and comfortable. Again always smiling and enjoying what they did.

Restaurant staff- Shellecia and Sherrice - excellent! Again always smiling, always a pleasure to talk to, anything we wanted, they made it happen. They made us feel welcome and comfortable just like the rest of the staff. *You'll find them at Giuseppe's!

Micaelia was our turn down service queen! She was such a pleasure - we didn't see her every night, but on the nights we did see her she was full of joy and always smiling. We requested her from the first night based on her personality and her enthusiasm for what she did.

The nightly entertainment was amazing. Again a shout out to the entertainment crew. Without them we would not have enjoyed our trip as much as we did. They are the hardest workers, and without fail they try to make sure every single guest is having a great time.

I sincerely feel like everyone that we had interaction with tried to make sure our trip was enjoyable, from the ground staff, to the waitstaff, to the bartenders, the maids, the spa crew, water sports crew, etc.

We will return. And we will definitely recommend.

Amy and Justin Souza

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Sandals South Coast, Jamaica for our honeymoon. We stayed 9 nights and were a part of Club Sandals. Everyone there is so happy and positive. It's a great vibe and so fun. We went from Sept 4 through the 13. Luckily hurricane Irma did not hit Jamaica which made the trip even better!!!

The entertainment group work so hard and I heard they live on the property because they're always busy at the resort. Nelson was an entertainer that really stuck out. He was funny, talkative, and great at his job!!

We stayed in the Italian Village which I would say is the most desirable. It's centrally located. Our room was large, large TV, stocked bar all the time, huge shower, etc.

The food was good and we ate and drank like king and queen - 10 days went by too quickly!

Overall, we would rate this excellent. I truly loved my time there with my new husband. LOVE!!!

Ps--The drive from airport is long and you must bring medicine for car sickness if needed. It's a great experience but can feel like forever with the bumps and turns, etc.

Stayed: September 2017
Lauren B, Manager at Sandals South Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hello Courtney!
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review and it's great to hear that you were able to fully enjoy your honeymoon stay without any weather issues! We will definitely make sure that Nelson and the entertainment team are recognized for their hard work as they kept the fun going for your 10 day stay in paradise. We wish you many blessings within your marriage and we hope that we can welcome you both back again soon to create even more wonderful memories!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

My husband and I came to Sandals to celebrate my birthday during the week of the hurricane. Thank God we were not really effected. Several trips were canceled due to the effects of the hurricane on the water but that was not the fault of Sandals as they had our safety in mind.
Our butlers Claudius and Romaine were so nice , professional, and accommodating and attended to everything we asked for leaving no stone unturned. Claudius even brought us coconuts one night. The room and restaurant tables were always decorated with flowers and towel animals. They really made our experience pleasant in many ways.
The entire staff at Sandals was so pleasant. They were so warm and friendly and really were engaging. They would try to involve us in many activities around the pool. Anisia was so pleasant along with the others leading the pool games.I didn't ask for there names but they were so sweet.
The rooms were very nice too and we walked right onto the beautiful beach. I found rooms in some other resorts to be larger and more modern
The resort is so beautiful and the overall ambiance is natural and unpretentious.The waitresses were also so sweet. Kudos to Talita,Taneil, Sherika, Nauda, Kimberly, Donrick, Carel, Lashaura at Eleanors for making my birthday feel so special by singing to me and gathering around to talk and give lots of hugs.
The girls in the store- Kathleen and the others were also so sweet and made me feel like a million dollars.
Tesheika was very nice at the waterspouts area. Denroy took us out for a boat ride and we had a very pleasant talk.
The beach dining at night was so romantic and our server was also sweet.
My recommendation would be to make sure lobster tails are cooked better - sometimes the meet was mushy and not firm. We loved the lamb chops and antipasti bar at Guiseppi's.
Only had one person at the Paris Cafe who was rude and was not into her job the way everyone else was.
We had a couples massage at the Redline Spa and they were extraordinary. I think Ruth was the masseuse that I had
I truly loved my week at South Coast and was teary eyed when I had to leave because it was so relaxing and fun and I knew that I would miss it. I would highly recommend this getaway for all age groups as the resorts beautiful and aims to please.
My favorite part of this resort was the friendliness of the staff!

Room Tip: Beachfront great and Buttler
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Cath -

Thanks so much for your review of your resort experience. We were also very happy that Hurricane Irma did not impede on your visit with us and that you had a great time celebrating your birthday in true island fashion! The team will be so grateful to hear that you took the time to highlight the great job they are doing and the management team will be sure to share the feedback with them as well! Likewise, we appreciate your suggestions for a few improvements and we will certainly look into those matters as well. We hope there are many awesome adventures awaiting you in the near future and we will be delighted if one of them brings you back to Sandals South Coast soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near White House
101.8 km away
Sandals Royal Plantation
Sandals Royal Plantation
#2 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!