We had honeymooned at a Sandals resort 5 years ago and have planned on traveling to another one ever since. Jamaica has always been on our travel list, so we chose Sandals South Coast as where to stay to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.
The staff in the entire resort were helpful, friendly and amazing. They always went out of their way to make you feel more comfortable and to make sure that you were having a great time.
Our room was cleaned and picked-up several times throughout the day and it was always nice to receive the newsletter each night to let you know what restaurants would be open the next day or what activities were happening around the resort.
The resort is beautiful. The landscaping, flowers, buildings, restaurants and pools are very well maintained. The beaches do have some seaweed, but the staff are always out cleaning it up every morning. The setting is absolutely beautiful and the sunsets amazing!!!
Some of our favorites on the entertainment committee were Nelson, Toni and Bones! The drum band that they brought in were amazing. We got to see them perform twice during the week that we were there. Rori the opera singer, was absolutely amazing and listening to him was a great way to spend a relaxing evening.
The bartenders around the entire resort were always entertaining and you never had to wait for a drink. Some of our favorites were Kevin, Kevon and Myers. Kevin always greeted you with a smile and even served us drink on his head. Kevon made me a fabulous pink drink, "The Ocean Wave". It is one that you must try!
The resort never felt crowded while we were there. There was never a time that we had to wait to get into any restaurants, wait for chairs at the pool, etc.
The water sports provided were great. The tubing, sea kayaking and paddle boarding are all great ways to spend some time on the water. Sometimes the wind picks up in the afternoon, so it is a good idea to try to do these in the morning in case they do have to close.
We purchased a bottle of wine at the Managers cocktail party and were expecting to have the bottle at a dinner later in the week. When we arrived to dinner that evening we were pleasantly surprised to be served on the beach, in a private cabana with a private server right by the ocean in the candlelight. It was an amazing evening!!!
There is no reason to ever be thirsty or hungry at this resort! There are so many options. Jasmine's food (especially the salmon and the rice) is amazing and Eleanor's has amazing food as well. The sushi restaurant has a great vibe and the food is amazing.
Walking the beach at sunset and spending some time at Latitude the over the water bar laying in a hammock or sitting by a fire pit are a great way to end an evening.
Overall, my husband and I had an amazing anniversary. Sandals did an amazing job making our week together one to remember. We will definitely be returning to Sandals in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, lastminute.com.au and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica