Sandals South Coast
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
7,584 results
All reviewsitalian villagemain poolcafe de parismartini barfrench poolwater barfourth floorour honeymoonpastry shoppot holeswhite nightgarden tourjerk shackred lane spaclub levelpelican barbutler service
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Sandals South Coast, Jamaica for our honeymoon. We stayed 9 nights and were a part of Club Sandals. Everyone there is so happy and positive. It's a great vibe and so fun. We went from Sept 4 through the 13. Luckily hurricane Irma did not hit Jamaica which made the trip even better!!!

The entertainment group work so hard and I heard they live on the property because they're always busy at the resort. Nelson was an entertainer that really stuck out. He was funny, talkative, and great at his job!!

We stayed in the Italian Village which I would say is the most desirable. It's centrally located. Our room was large, large TV, stocked bar all the time, huge shower, etc.

The food was good and we ate and drank like king and queen - 10 days went by too quickly!

Overall, we would rate this excellent. I truly loved my time there with my new husband. LOVE!!!

Ps--The drive from airport is long and you must bring medicine for car sickness if needed. It's a great experience but can feel like forever with the bumps and turns, etc.

Stayed: September 2017
Lauren B, Manager at Sandals South Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hello Courtney!
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review and it's great to hear that you were able to fully enjoy your honeymoon stay without any weather issues! We will definitely make sure that Nelson and the entertainment team are recognized for their hard work as they kept the fun going for your 10 day stay in paradise. We wish you many blessings within your marriage and we hope that we can welcome you both back again soon to create even more wonderful memories!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

My husband and I came to Sandals to celebrate my birthday during the week of the hurricane. Thank God we were not really effected. Several trips were canceled due to the effects of the hurricane on the water but that was not the fault of Sandals as they had our safety in mind.
Our butlers Claudius and Romaine were so nice , professional, and accommodating and attended to everything we asked for leaving no stone unturned. Claudius even brought us coconuts one night. The room and restaurant tables were always decorated with flowers and towel animals. They really made our experience pleasant in many ways.
The entire staff at Sandals was so pleasant. They were so warm and friendly and really were engaging. They would try to involve us in many activities around the pool. Anisia was so pleasant along with the others leading the pool games.I didn't ask for there names but they were so sweet.
The rooms were very nice too and we walked right onto the beautiful beach. I found rooms in some other resorts to be larger and more modern
The resort is so beautiful and the overall ambiance is natural and unpretentious.The waitresses were also so sweet. Kudos to Talita,Taneil, Sherika, Nauda, Kimberly, Donrick, Carel, Lashaura at Eleanors for making my birthday feel so special by singing to me and gathering around to talk and give lots of hugs.
The girls in the store- Kathleen and the others were also so sweet and made me feel like a million dollars.
Tesheika was very nice at the waterspouts area. Denroy took us out for a boat ride and we had a very pleasant talk.
The beach dining at night was so romantic and our server was also sweet.
My recommendation would be to make sure lobster tails are cooked better - sometimes the meet was mushy and not firm. We loved the lamb chops and antipasti bar at Guiseppi's.
Only had one person at the Paris Cafe who was rude and was not into her job the way everyone else was.
We had a couples massage at the Redline Spa and they were extraordinary. I think Ruth was the masseuse that I had
I truly loved my week at South Coast and was teary eyed when I had to leave because it was so relaxing and fun and I knew that I would miss it. I would highly recommend this getaway for all age groups as the resorts beautiful and aims to please.
My favorite part of this resort was the friendliness of the staff!

Room Tip: Beachfront great and Buttler

Hello Cath -

Thanks so much for your review of your resort experience. We were also very happy that Hurricane Irma did not impede on your visit with us and that you had a great time celebrating your birthday in true island fashion! The team will be so grateful to hear that you took the time to highlight the great job they are doing and the management team will be sure to share the feedback with them as well! Likewise, we appreciate your suggestions for a few improvements and we will certainly look into those matters as well. We hope there are many awesome adventures awaiting you in the near future and we will be delighted if one of them brings you back to Sandals South Coast soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Sandals South Coast was our first out of the country experience & it did not disappoint.

The food. We ate at every restaurant except for Neptunes. Everything I ate was delicious! Schooners was one of my personal favorites. Dinner favs— Lobster Tail & BBQ Shrimp (A+) Lunch favs— Fish sandwich, chilly cheese coney & a cheeseburger. Sushi by the sand was my second favorite. Dinner favs— California Roll, Crispy Spicy Shrimp Roll, & Philly Roll are just a few of our favorites. Bayside had an awesome breakfast buffet. We ate here every morning we were there. Breakfast favs—Pancakes, scrambled eggs, hash browns. They had an omlet bar as well but the line was always too long for my starving self. Café de Paris favs— Irish coffee! (A+++) & Nutella/banana crepe. Jerk Shack was always a great quick meal for lunch. Lunch favs— Jerk Chicken & pork with mild sauce & a festival (or two). Eleanors has apparently changed the rules. Men have to wear a collared shirt, long pants & closed toe shoes OUTSIDE as well as inside. But the food it definitely worth the hot walk in pants. Dinner favs—Filet Mignon, Peppered reef shrimp (A+). Jasmines was good, but not a favorite. I honestly cant even remember what we had that night, OOPS! Giuseppes Lunch favs—PIZZA! Dinner favs—Cannelloni & Salad Bar. Just a good reminder about all the restaurants, the dinner portions are small & it takes longer than usual to get your food, so go ahead & order 2 entrée up front! Lunch portions seemed much larger.

The drinks. Where do I start? The drinks were amazing & STRONG! Some of our personal favorites were Rum Punch, Hummingbird, Dirty Banana, Pina Colada & Miami Vice. Oh & we can not forget about Red Stripe!

The room. We were in the Dutch Village. The room was everything we needed. Nothing spectacular but we was only in there to sleep & shower anyway. The views were amazing. The bed was amazing. We would leave every morning & stay out in the pool or ocean until it was time to shower for dinner. We always came back to fresh towels & a made bed. I definitely give housekeeping an A+++!

The Spa. We were spa virgins. We had decided before the trip to get a couples massage on the beach & it was nothing short of amazing. These ladies know their stuff! Book a massage, you wont regret it.

The pools. We spent 50/50 between the pool & ocean. French pool was probably our favorite pool. The only down side was the water was almost as warm as the hot tub. It definitely didn’t cool you down much. But that was no deal breaker for us! French pool has a newly remodeled swim up bar & a volleyball net. Next favorite was the Main pool. They always had either music or activities going on which we loved. The main pool also has a swim up bar, which is much busier than the French pool bar. The Dutch pool was a much more relaxed pool with no swim up bar. But there was a small bar you could walk 10 steps to & they would take care of you! All the pools were very clean & well taken care of.

The beach. I had read a bunch of negative comments about the beach prior to going. But to me the beach was beautiful. We would snag one of the yellow round floaties & float all day long. Yes there is seagrass, but you can easily see it & walk around it. When I needed to cool off the ocean was my go to. I love, love, loved it!

The people. I could write a whole book about the people. They all were such nice, helpful, funny & grateful people. From the bartenders, entertainment staff, waiters & waitresses, spa staff, picture staff & everyone else in between. There are several that knew us by name & went way out of there way to make sure we were having the time of our lives. I didn’t get the names of some of my favorites (& I hate I didn’t) but a few that deserve recognition are Nelson & Annacia. They were part of the entertainment staff & were way more than entertainment. They became our friends. There was another fellow that we loved but I cant remember his name. If you see a guy wandering around with a crazy wig on & huge glasses on, that’s him! Everyone at this resort was genuinely friendly. You could tell that was just the way they were, not only because it was their job. Thank you Sandals team for making our trip amazing!

Overall, Sandals South Coast is the place to go. If you are on the bridge about which resort to go to, you will not go wrong picking South Coast. We will be back, soon!

2  Thank Alicson M
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This is my 8th Sandals property and my first time at South Coast. Long beach. Nice room. We stayed in the penthouse butler suite. Everyone is super friendly. I mentioned that I liked fruits. Fitzroy at Club Sandals had Guinippes sent up to my room. Russell at Loyalty and Travel got me a full grocery bag of fruits - sweet sop, sour sop, papaya, an avacado. And then as though that wasn't enough, the next day, he had a whole bowl of jackfruit for me. I cannot say enough great things about Russell. Amanda at Loyalty and Travel is a hoot and a half. So funny! Norman gave me free private tennis lessons 4 days in a row. I couldn't do the other days or he would have. Our butlers Devaughn and Ainsley kept us all happy with our beach chairs and our virgin Pina Coladas. Everyone is so friendly. I didn't have to do a thing. It was all taken care of.
The entertainment was very much up my alley. One evening they had a violinist perform on the courtyard. We did the couple's game. I absolutely want to go back. I was there for 7 days and it's not enough. Take me back.
I apologize to everyone at Club Sandals for not mentioning you by name, but you guys rocked it.

Room Tip: Dutch village is quieter. Corner room may have better view. Higher level rooms (we were in level 4) don't have good wifi.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jasmine J, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals South Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hello and Thank you for your review of Sandals South Coast. We are proud that you have selected Sandals as your solution provider over the years, and we greatly enjoy keeping you as a satisfied customer.

We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that our employees went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. I will be sure to share your feedback with them and their supervisors.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited Sandals South Coast 2 weeks ago and we LOVED it! It was so relaxing and fun at the same time. The resort was beautiful and very well maintained. The food at every restaurant and I really mean, EVERY restaurant was amazing. The staff was extremely courteous and very friendly. I have to mention some in particular. Ronaldo, Nesean, Glendon, Kevin and Curtayne. The entertainment crew was Phenomenal as well. Extremely talented and the friendliest people you could meet. Nelson, Deshea, Jazmine, Annicia and Joniel, just to name a few. I apologize if I spelled their names wrong. We HIGHLY recommend going to Sandals South Coast. We loved it and already want to go back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jasmine J, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals South Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our employees. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The level of service provided to you by Ronaldo, Nesean, Glendon, Kevin, and Curtayne comes to no surprise as they are some of our top employees. It makes us very happy to know we were able to deliver on our promise and thank you for creating memories with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.