1,254 results
All reviews italian restaurant kids club leisure centre lovely hotel set menu steam room hot breakfast both nights an overnight stay family break reception area food was lovely kildare village family room bar food my mum hotel bar
Reviewed 15 May 2018

The fabulous staff at the Westgrove hotel looked after us so well for my husband's 40th Birthday. The staff were extremely helpful, efficient and pleasant. Anything we wanted or needed they did it no problem at all. DJ Craig was fantastic too.
All our friends and family are talking about the excellent food, great venue, great music and super staff.

Room Tip: The Kirby room is perfect for a party of 40 people
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jerry R, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa for your husbands 40th Birthday. I am delighted you enjoyed your night. Keep us in mind for future family events. Many tanks for your custom.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed last night with my family so we could attend the Kildare Rose Selection event. On arrival it's plain to see that this is a big hotel. The parking is plentiful and seems secure. The reception is bright and airy and the guy on reception was very helpful despite being so busy. We arrived to our family apartment which unlike most hotels, was still in the heart of the hotel. There was a bag of treats left for the kids... nice touch. The apartment was huge, bigger than most apartments people live in! It came with a kitchenette, large double bed and single bed with two more sofas that I assume turn into beds too. The main bedroom came with a large comfortable double bed too. A couple of t.v.'s and a good sized bathroom too (with a bath). We attended the event which gad goid pints and great staff. I left as the afterparty was starting, and can say not a sound could be heard from our room. A good nights sleep was had. Breakfast the next morning was fresh and plentiful and service was A1. We took the kids for a swim before leaving and I was happy the pool was warm and not overcrowded.

Of course,as with any hotel there's negatives but they were few and minor. I'm giving this a five star rating, not because I think it's a five star hotel, it isn't. Nor does it pretend to be. It is a hotel that delivers a good value four star experience. Well done!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Jerry R, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the Selection Night for the Kildare Rose 2018. It was our fourth year running the event and we were thrilled to host it again. It was great to welcome all the 19 girls and their families and friends. An Irish Summer would not be complete without the Rose of Tralee and we were also pleased to raise money for our joint chosen charity the Jack & Jill Foundation. I am delighted to read that your accommodation was suitable and that you were impressed. Thank you for your custom and I do hope you might consider us when taking a future break away with the family and enjoy one of the many great visitor attractions like Lullymore Discovery Park or Wallaby Woods.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Below is a mail I sent to a very helpful lady Alisha, who was the only positive experience during my terrible time. She sent this email to the ‘General Manager’ and said that they would contact me regarding the below. Yes you guessed it, they didn’t bother to contact me! If you can avoid this hotel I would really recommend doing so, looks beautiful but experience will no doubt ruin your stay! I gave this a 1 star rating because there was no option for 0!

Thank you very much for arranging the bathrobes. Unfortunately this was possible the only positive experience I had during my time. When I checked in, I was asked how did I want to pay, cash or card. I paid by card and was given my room key and that was it. I wasn’t told if breakfast was included and if it was where I was to go or what times it was being served from.

When I got into my room, the TV remote did not work. I rang reception 2 times and got no answer which is understandable as they may have been busy and when I got through the third time they said they would send up a new remote, which they did. The second remote did not work also. I found the housekeeping lady who dropped this up and told her it was not working, she went to get a third remote. 20 minutes later she arrived with a third remote which was also not working, I told her we would just change the channels from the side of the TV.

We rang down for room service, we were asked did we pre authorize our card and if not we will need to ring reception to do so. So we rang reception to do it and was told we couldn’t as it was a debit card. As a reception supervisor in a 5 star hotel in Dublin City I know this is the case as it charges the card directly. We told the staff at reception that we would like to cancel the room service as she told us our only option was to go to an ATM to take out cash. She then rang our room back and told us that she will just bill it to the room and we can pay in the morning, can’t understand why this took 10 minutes to arrange.

The walls in the hotel must be paper thin, myself and my partner were kept up all night by the noise of people talking outside our door. When there was no people talking, there was people running up and down the corridors and screaming. When we opened the window we could also not sleep from he noise of outside which is out of your control.

The next morning we tried to find where the breakfast was as we had no idea where to go. We got there and sat down and one of the girls told us that someone would be over to take our order. 20 minutes later nobody had come over so I went and asked someone can we be served, to be told we must do it ourselves in the next room where the chef was. So I went in and ordered something and sat down. Now that we were here 30 minutes and I still had not been offered tea, coffee, toast. I got up and asked the girls for tea, coffee and toast. The breakfast was cold by time it was given down to our table. I can genuinely not believe how shocking my experience was, and by the sounds of it at reception we were not the only ones. Can you pass this to someone who might benefit from this information.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Luke B

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay and that we did not get it right for you on this occasion. My apologies for not getting to you last week but I did try. Please contact me directly on 045 98 99 09 or on jerryrussell@westgrovehotel.com and we can discuss your experience.Your custom is important to us and I do hope you give us another opportunity to get it right.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Would have loved to have stayed longer. Very friendly helpful staff, very comfortable room. Excellent breakfast. Would definitely recommend the hotel to others. Looking forward to our next visit. Hannah

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Jerry R, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our team friendly and helpful. Thank you for your custom and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Hi hotel was very nice . Staff were so friendly and food was super. We had lovely facials done in the spa it was so nice and very relaxing and a lovely atmosphere. The girls in the spa were so friendly and helpful. I could not fault the hotel. I feel the outside of the hotel looks nothing but inside is very nice and kept so well. I would recommend hotel to anyone .