1,254 results
All reviews italian restaurant kids club leisure centre lovely hotel set menu steam room hot breakfast both nights an overnight stay family break reception area food was lovely kildare village family room bar food my mum hotel bar
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend with our 2 kids. Our room was bright and airy and the beds were comfy. Unfortunately it overlooked the smoking area of the function room and there was a wedding the first night so it was quite noisy. My kids managed to sleep through but I found it very hard to sleep with the noise. I would have thought we'd have been given a room away from it. Thankfully there was no function the second night so it was a lot quieter. We ate in the restaurant the first night as part of our package. The menu was ok but being an Italian restaurant there wasn't much variety. The food was nice though and our waiter Ben (tall young lad with glasses) was really nice and good with my kids. We ate in the bar the next day for both lunch and dinner. The bar menu is fantastic and has loads of choices. Food was delicious. I'd have happily eaten here both nights if we weren't on a package. Peter in the bar is a credit to the hotel. Lovely guy to deal with and really tries to make your stay as good as possible. He was great with my son in particular who wasn't happy we'd dragged him out of the kids club for dinner. My kids loved the club and didn't want to leave it. All the staff were lovely there. My husband brought the kids swimming and they all loved the pool. I was lucky enough to get to try the spa and it has such a relaxing atmosphere. Really worth checking out. Overall despite the noise the first we had a lovely stay and would happily go back again. In fact we were going to stay an extra night but unfortunately it was booked out.

1  Thank ghostchild2
Jerry R, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. Ben in the Restaurant and Peter in the Bar will be thrilled to get a mention. My apologies about the noise you encountered the first night of your stay. Thank you for all your kind words and recommending us to others. I do hope you will consider us again for a break away in the future. Many thanks for your custom.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my mother and my 9 year old son for one night. We had a lovely stay. Rooms are spacious, modern and comfortable. Pool is lovely for a swim. They have a steam room and a jacuzzi. We went to The Kildare Maze nearby which was a fun activity to do.
We ate in the bar that night. Food was lovely and service was good. Breakfast the next morning was nice but they were very busy and the young girls working there couldn't really cope. We were shown to a table which hadn't been cleared away so the girl started cleaning and clearing it as we were sitting there. She then proceeded to lay the table and didn't tell us anything about the breakfast. We could only see a cold buffet area so we were unsure if you had to order the hot food. Once we asked, we were told where it was and the man serving the food wasn't very friendly. My son got a fry, brought it back to the table and then went to get toast. When he returned to the table his breakfast had been taken away and we had to queue again for another plate! I said this to one of the senior men working there and he didn't even apologise.
Overall the stay was very good except for the breakfast experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jerry R, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and sorry that Breakfast was overwhelmed when you decided to dine. I am sorry you were directed towards an unset table for breakfast this is certainly not our standard and should not of happened. I appreciate your feedback and I do hope you will consider us again when taking a break away.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Westgrove is a large mid-range hotel, which appeared to be popular with several bus tour groups when we visited. Our room was spacious and comfortable, albeit with a small window and limited natural light. Beds were comfortable. Food in the bar was average.
A positive note on service: we stayed on a very warm night and room temperature was unusually high. All portable fans had been already borrowed by guests but on hearing my wife was pregnant, one was procured from somewhere and delivered with a smile in under ten minutes.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that a fan was purchased for your wife. I do hope we encourage you to consider us when taking a break away in the future. Many thanks for your custom.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely base for a family break with plenty to do in the area. Lovely leisure centre with great staff. Breakfast was great, fresh omelettes made to order were delicious. Food in the bar for dinner was super and service was so good, Peter was an excellent server. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank GM_MDA

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that Peter looked after you in our Oak Bar. He will be thrilled to get a mention in your review so thank you for that. Thank you for your kind words and I do hope we encourage you to return again in the future. Thank you for recommending our Hotel to others.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Great hotel,.Restaurant staff very friendly,kids club is great for the little ones.Rooms are decent size.food in bar and restaurant was great.they have a kids pool that was enjoyed by my little daughter,I will definitely be back

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your family break away and that our facilities for children were appreciated. We certainly look forward welcoming you again. Thank you for your custom.