1,275 results
All reviews italian restaurant kids club leisure centre lovely hotel set menu steam room hot breakfast both nights kildare village food was lovely family break reception area little things family room a lovely stay bar food my mum
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

My Mum and I stayed here midweek and I have to say I loved this hotel. We booked as part of the Select Hotels offering and got a room and 2 nights B & B with 1 nights dinner for only €49 each.
The room was impeccable. Bright airy and warm. Heated towel rails in the bathroom were just what we needed after getting caught in the rain. Beds so comfy. Food was excellent.
Lovely reading room with plenty of books was a perfect getaway spot if needed.
Had option to use the pool but sadly didn't have time for it.
A great base to travel around the countryside from.
Will definitely go back again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Jerry R, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club & Spa for your Select Hotel Break and I am delighted you felt you received good value for money. Thank you for all your kind words and I do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the future. Many thanks for your custom.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We have stayed at the westgrove numerous times, we have had two seperate stays in the last two weeks, we always upgrade to the apartments, our daughter has special needs and the extra space and use of our own kitchen is a god send! It is also handy as we have family members who live locally and they can call to us for a coffee or whatever and we have space to sit and have a chat. There is a supervalu that shares the hotels car park, its within 2 mins walking distance from the hotel, it also has a chemist and a discount store, barbers, hair salon etc Very close to Dublin and kildare village etc We have eaten in the restaurant a few times and the bar also, food was always great but the breakfast can be hit or miss. There is a decent range but the orange juice always tastes funny and the continental aspect of it doesnt always appear to be the freshest although to be fair the last time we had breakfast we had some pastries which were straight out of the oven. Overall its a great hotel with great facilities, pool and spa also, kids club which my kids love and always ask for even when its out of season. If you are travelling as a family the 40euro upgrade to the apartment is worth it in my opinion, given our needs its essential.

Room Tip: Apartments are spacious and have a kitchen yet you still have the option of room service and the restaurant and bar if you wish.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Jerry R, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear guest
Thank you for returning again to the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted that you are a returning guest and that our apartment type rooms suit your needs. I hope we continue to encourage you to return and I thank you for your custom.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Service pretty poor and food wasn't great. 4 of us for dinner. My son ordered a garlic and cheesy pizza and got garlic bread. Sent it back and he then got the same garlic bread sent back out with cheese on it. Still not a pizza. Sent it back again and eventually got the correct order. Third time lucky, however we had all finished and he was only starting. Meanwhile my other son also got the wrong chicken curry. We had to send back the chips from 2 orders as they were cold. Staff did apologise and we received a free round of drinks. Our server Pamela was very apologetic and looked after us very well. This is not our first time having a bad experience here. We will not be returning for food again. Very very disappointed for a 4 star hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda M
Jerry R, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel for your dinner and thank you for giving us your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that your order was not made correctly and the food you received was not hot or up to standard. We have just put a new menu into our Oak Bar and I would love to get your feedback. Please contact me directly and I will try and make up for this bad experience. Many thanks for your custom.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Recommend food - very good hotel - only issue which we have now experienced on a number of occasions is the slow service. Sorry to say we wouldn't generally go there for dinner but the breakfast is very enjoyable and provides value for money - as this s self service.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Jerry R, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. All our food is cooked from fresh so it does take time to prepare and cook. I am sorry you find our service too slow each time you come. Thank you for your custom and I do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Hotel based in a small town. the price of the double room overpriced. I was expected to get more for that price: a small double room, unfinished sealing, small bath for a double room. The tray was left in the corridor from the last night ( floor 3), but nobody seemed to be bothered to remove from the staff. We have received an excellent service while having breakfast, but no special variety of the food, very simple. I would not consider to stay there again, unless the price will be dropped.

Room Tip: location is good is you are travelling and wish not to stay in a capital, just some km's away from it.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. Our prices are based on demand much the same as competitor hotels and guest houses. We are a four star hotel with associated services like Spas and Leisure Clubs that have to be staffed and operated. There are cheaper hotels in county Kildare but you would have had to incur the cost of getting there from the wedding hotel. I am surprised you are putting on line your view on the cost of accommodation while attending a friend's wedding in which you were invited to as a guest. I do hope you will return again in the future and I thank you for your custom.