1,254 results
All reviews italian restaurant kids club leisure centre lovely hotel set menu steam room hot breakfast both nights an overnight stay family break reception area food was lovely kildare village family room bar food my mum hotel bar
Reviewed 6 June 2016

We spent four nights at the Westgrove and though we loved the staff, the location, and the restaurant, we were very disappointed with our stay there. The first night we spent three hours listening to the screaming and obscenities of the bar crowd outside. Tried to call the front desk but our phone wasn't working! The staff responded quickly when we reported the phone problems the next morning, the morning after that, oh, and the morning after that.....but we never had a working phone during our stay....

Room Tip: Stay away from a room over the bar!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Singpaw
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. May I apologise about your bedroom phone not working. I am sorry this was not fixed during your stay. I am glad to read you enjoyed the restaurant the staff and our location.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

I arrived with my elderly mother for a two night stay. I checked in at reception and was not offered any help with luggage despite the fact that I had both cases and a lady on a walking stick. I had requested a room close to the lift when booking to reduce unnecessary walking for my mother. Our room although nice and spacious was a long walk from the lift. I rang and asked if we could be moved closer to the lifts and was told they only had double bed rooms if we wanted to share a bed! We wanted two separate beds so no luck we had to endure the long walk back and forth. The receptionist offered to get us a wheelchair but we had a walking aid in the car which we used. The spa was very disappointing our therapist was running almost half an hour late, we rushed to be there on time and were left in the relaxation area for her to arrive. There was one glass available for water, a flask of luke warm water for tea and a small amount of melon. The six recliners and footstools were very close together and not very comfortable. The place smelt damp and musty,would not recommend it as a spa. More like a hallway with treatment rooms off it. Tiny sauna area which was not working.
The staff in the Assaggio Restaurant were very friendly and the service and food were good. Our evening meal was great.
Breakfast was limited and split between two rooms, restaurant and bar, nothing special and not a lot of choice. Not worth the money they charged. No AC in room, fans available on request, No safe, No minibar. Kettle, tea and coffee in room. The cigar bar on the 1st floor would be more suitable for breakfast and save a lot of walking. Badly laid out with no atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen914

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. I am sorry to read you were not offered luggage assistance and a bedroom close to our lifts please accept my apologies. I am sorry to hear there was a delay in the Spa and that you thought the recliners were too close together. If you would like to contact me directly I will see what I can do for you.
With Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

We have stayed in the westgrove on a few occasions over the past few years. It is handy for us as my grandmother lives just down road in sallins. We have stayed with and without the kids and we have never had a problem. The rooms are always lovely and the food is first class. We always look forward to our visits as we know we get quality and value for money

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted to read you are returning customers many thanks for your custom. I am glad to see you enjoy your visits and that you find our accommodation and food first class. Thank you for recommending our Hotel to others and I do hope we encourage you to visit us again. You might like to take your grandmother on a canal cruise in Sallins and we would be delighted to recommend Bargetrip a new company.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Arrived after very long journey. We had been traveling since 2 in the morning.but staff did not care. Told sorry check in was 3 0clock. And boy not a minute earlier..Sorry to say this is not 4☆room was an exceutive but was not no extras usual toletires 1 bath towel to share nice if your that way inclined, im not. Breakfast ok nothing special self sevice dont leave your table as staff clear and give it to someine else. Happend both days. On leaving could not find the bill. We insisted we had paid in advance. Left with the resepsionist saying if we owed anything they had our catd number. We will kot be back

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and for taking the time to give us your review. I am sorry that we were not able to give you an early check in. Please note for the future you can always request this at reservation stage. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay. All our rooms are doubles, twins, apartments or suites so they are all have guest amenities and towelling for two or more. We do not have any single rooms. If you would like to discuss your experience please contact me directly and I will see what I can do for you. Many thanks for your custom.

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

Great to arrive at the front door straight in a smoking area. Went in bar today, it was empty, so though have a food with my family. Sat down at table but there was no one to serve as untill two more people came in and they wer served first untill i stopped a guy in a suit who might b a manager and asked if we can order. So drinks came quick and chicken wings wat was delicious came fast. There was no one who would clean our table from empty pints or plates. So we sat there for another half an hour untill asked again to b served. Waitress looked like she didn't want to b there at all. Took ages to serve two tables. So i ordered lamb shank, even I asked for no potatoes they still wer on my plate and my boyfriends fish was way outta eat, served with tomatoe soup from pack wat u can buy in shop- yes - pan fried cod with mash and tomatoe soup- dish of the day. And it was not fresh. Kids pizza arrived burned, he did not even ask for desert wat he usually does everywhere. At the end waiter who said he just started work was explaining everything for us and make feel us welcome at the end of our journey and he had to apologise about stuff what he did not even realise happened. thanks to d guy. Very greatful of the service from you. Cud not get his name as there no name badges for staff. Will return for wings and lamb when we wont b in a hurry, service is out of order there.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear Customer
Thank you for choosing to dine in the Westgrove Hotel and for taking the time to give us your review. I am sorry to hear your experience was not as expected. If you would like to discuss your experience with me, please contact me directly.