1,254 results
All reviews italian restaurant kids club leisure centre lovely hotel set menu steam room hot breakfast both nights an overnight stay family break reception area food was lovely kildare village family room bar food my mum hotel bar
Reviewed 7 March 2008

I have to admit, it is a nice hotel. New and mordern, but that is the only good thing about it. The food was not 4 star quality, staff not too polite. My husband and i satyed there for my sisters wedding in february. Even my mother-in law was not too impresed. The only member of staff who showed any form of proffesinalism was the night manager. He was helpfull in everyway he could. I belive his name was Simba ( easy to remember because of Lion king ). Other than that it felt like a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank aceon83
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

Reviewed 20 February 2008

Went here on a three night break early February with mother and 5 year old daughter and thought it was one of the best if not the best we have been to in Ireland.

Okay first impressions - new hotel, no parking near front door, no porter to help with bags, a bit sterile and I thought "Oh no, not a good choice" but I literally was to eat my words.

Rec - so friendly and helpful on check in. Went to leisure centre for quick swim with daughter and very staff v helpful and whole area v clean.

Dined in restaurant that night - while menu was not that extensive food we ordered was superb and even child's meal fantastic.

Breakfasts - choice of six cereals, six fruits, 4 fruit juices, yogurts (some mornings) - all self service and then whatever hot food you wanted - what more could you ask for!

Rooms - we had a room with a double and single bed and while it could have been bigger we didn't feel cramped at all. A nice touch was that each evening we came back there was three chocolate mints on our pillows - my daughter's fav thing about hotel as she got all three! Bathrooms clean, everything supplied. We had a problem with TV and manager came up 10 minutes after we complained and fixed it. Only complaint was that rooms were a bit hot and stuffy as window in there was small but when we left it open all day room was fine in evening.

No complaints about this hotel and would recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank FreedomSaoirse

Reviewed 28 January 2008

The hotel's staff were great, professional and friendly. Rooms (we had Wogan Brown Suite where everything's done through room service!) were very nice, huge shower! The service & food in Kirby's Restaurant were excellent. Breakfast was fine and, if you ask, the kitchen will do you up poached or scambled eggs which are not available in the buffet. The Spa was beautiful and staff here were excellent, note book your appointments early as the Spa is exceptionally busy on weekends.
The pool & gym were nice, again pool very busy at weekends with families as membership is available to people in locality.
I liked the Westgrove Hotel but the small things that really make a hotel four stars were missing, like fancy toiletries and fluffy bath robes in the room. It may sound silly to mention toiletries as a bad point but the hotel's website does specifically state that toiletries in rooms are samples of Elemis products used in the Spa, and I found to my disappointment they are not even close :( Also the walls are paper thin, there wasn't too much activity in January but what little did go on in the wee hours we heard!
Overall I'd recommend the hotel for a cosy weekend away as the staff, Kirby's food and the Spa are exceptional.
Also there's not much to do in Clane but Zest Cafe is a little gem for lunch or a tasty dinner!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank KarrieR

Reviewed 14 January 2008

I had heard of this hotel but knew nothing else about it until went to a wedding there in December. It was really nice - just a pity we didn't get to spend more time there. the spa looked lovely and there's a good swimming pool. Very good breakfast too.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomsHols
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Reviewed 27 November 2007

Just back from a wedding at the westgrove and I have to say I was extremely impressed! This is a great hotel, Food was absolutely amazing and the rooms were excellent also. The best thing about this hotel though is the staff - they are so friendly and accomodating and not afraid to smile!!! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business