“Good food in a relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Old Bell

Old Bell
Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Oxted
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2018

The restaurant was not too busy and the staff managed the balance of service and privacy well. The food was fine, puddings better than expected (for a chain), and the beer complemented the meal.

Good to see Fentiman's Ginger Ale for the car driver!

HuwT59, Manager at Old Bell, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

I am really pleased that we delivered the right level of service required, the puddings are great, I love the Millionaires Cheesecake myself and we actually have a choice of 3 Ginger Ales .. Fentimans, Fever Tree or Schweppes. As the BBC would say other varieties are available! Thank you for taking the time to visit and I hope to welcome you again soon.

kindest regards, Huw

Reviewed 29 October 2018

Food and drink at reasonable prices. Staff friendly and provided a good service. Will go again. Served by Huw.

HuwT59, Manager at Old Bell, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Thank you Gary for taking the time to review, I look forward to welcoming you again to the Old Bell. It was a pleasure to meet you. kindest regards Huw

Reviewed 27 October 2018

Two teachers looking for a relaxing half-term Sunday lunch and we found it; food was lovely and great value for money. Super service from Alie and Nicole, too!
Would certainly go again :)

1  Thank richard j
HuwT59, Manager at Old Bell, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Wow Thank you for a great review, I really look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. kindest regards Huw

Reviewed 24 October 2018

We were due to run my son and his wife to Gatwick and I looked online for somewhere to eat before returning home to Essex later when the Dartford Crossing would be less busy.

I needed somewhere that had wheelchair access and a disabled toilet.

The Old Bell looked to fit the bill and TA reviews were good.

We arrived a little after 5.00pm when the pub was almost empty and the very friendly Manager, Huw, showed us to the disabled toilet then took our order for drinks afterwards.

The pub is very cosy but also surprisingly large and we chose a table for two next to a window at the back of the dining room.

The pub then had a rush of customers and Huw had to serve at the bar although still found time to give us menus and take our drinks to the table.

As a real ale drinker I thought I would try a pint of the local ale and chose a Hopspur which was excellent and well kept.

When things had quietened down a bit Huw took our mains orders and had a quick chat.

We both ordered the steak and red wine pie, one with mash and one with chips.

After a short wait the food arrived and we both enjoyed it .

For sweet my wife had the mini Clementine tart with a latte while I had the Sticky toffee pudding which was superb.

When we had finished we asked for the bill and had another short conversation with the manager.

If we lived nearer to this pub we would certainly visit regularly as we received such a genuine welcome and excellent service whilst there.

HuwT59, Manager at Old Bell, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Thank you Barry, it was great to meet you, thank you for taking the time to do a review. Nothing worse than sitting in traffic at that Dartford Bridge, you made the right choice to stop off for a meal and I am glad that you found us! Pleased that we meet expectations and you tried our new dessert (Clementine) which I personally think is great, Hope your journey back to Essex went well, and now you've found us, don't be a stranger! kind regards Huw

Reviewed 24 October 2018

The food was great and the service was also great. Ellie and Nicole were both very friendly and offered great service.

2  Thank marktH5468GH
HuwT59, Manager at Old Bell, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Thank you Mark for your feedback, the sunday roasts here are great quality and I think good value for money too. Glad my staff were accommodating and I do hope that you will visit again soon. kind regards Huw