6,549 results
All reviews red level bali beds puerto rico beautiful resort cafe soleil private pool wet bar main pool rented a car garden view el yunque rainforest butler service swim up bar old san juan ocean front lounge chairs night life
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I went with my family and had a great time! We had a lot of small trips planned so we didn’t stay in the resort. However the place is beautiful! Pools and rooms are very clean. The breakfast is amazingly delicious and the staff was very friendly. We did not use the beach, we opted for the pools instead.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The hotel was nice, only problem is checking in takes very long even though we have existing reservation. I also do not like the different breakfast place for different customers. Since everyone paid the same, there should not be restrictions on who can go to which restaurant for breakfast.

4  Thank Anil S
Reviewed 7 December 2017

This is a beautiful place and the online pics will put a smile on your face. . big pool but it lacks alot of services. I stayed in the red level suite but it was not worth it. Food and contacting the front desk for services is a major issue. No call back from no one. I mean management knows that there is an issue but has focused on customer volume. If you are traveling with small children this may not be the best hotel unless you would like to wait and walk far for everything. If you are with children make sure you get a room closest to the pool because this place is big and half the time you will be walking far to your room. (don't forget anything in your room) The trolleys they have wont stop for you because they are after new incoming guests. If you are single with friends and hiking this may work because is close to the rainforest and other restaurants 10 minutes away. But do not expect any rapid service to fulfill your request. Beware of offered hotel credits: The hotel credits they offer over the phone cannot be used in just one place they are broken down by dates and restaurants. This means that they wnt you to spend more in order for the credits to kick in. If you do not use them you lose them. I never got to use mines and it's a hassle to talk to anyone to help you. I hope they change this practice. Do not be fooled the restaurants in this place are expensive and it looks like managements knows they have short handed staff. I paid for the Red lounge suite & services but that system they have in place does not work. You won't feel any special or better and your off with a regular room. I contacted Ruben the hotel manager at the time of my stay and I am reasonable but he never returned my call after many attempts by VM and his staff. The price is what get's you in but do not expect anything else from this place.

1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 28 November 2017

This is a five star hotel operating at a 2 star level. The grounds at this property are amazing, as soon as you enter the compound you can tell it is well maintained, from the beach area, pools, restaurants, there’s even a coy pond, just beautiful. However, the inefficiencies with the staff, the check in process (which took over an hour and a half), the rooms which have a serious damp and possible mold situation, this place needs a major overhaul with management. This is a great place to visit and have dinner, but I would NOT suggest that you stay here. I took my mom here to celebrate her 60th birthday and I really regret the decision.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Miss M
Reviewed 24 October 2017

My husband and I came here in February 2017 to celebrate our 20 year anniversary and we loved it! The resort is really beautiful. The pools were EXCELLENT, the staff was lovely, the upscale restaurant on site served us the BEST dinner EVER (really massive, perfectly seasoned and prepared steaks and a bottle of wine with some seriously epic desserts!).

When there was a minor issue with our room they immediately upgraded us to a suite on the beach.

The location of the resort was great with easy access to El Yunque and a quick drive to San Juan.

We send our love, blessings, and prayers to the great folks at Melia. Our hearts are with them and their families and communities during this time of struggle. We will surely be back to give them our business again as soon as we can get to Puerto Rico. <3

Room tip: Get the Red Level service and suite. So worth it!
Date of stay: February 2017