The Ocean Villas
USD 398
USD 365
Dos Aguas(Rio Grande)
TripAdvisor
Melia Coco Beach(Rio Grande)
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewswyndham resortel yunqueluquillo kioskspuerto ricorented a carbio bayshort drivexaviercondobedroomforestvrbopoolscasinokeycooler
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We had stunning ocean views from the master bedroom, kitchen, and spacious deck! 2 pools including a beautiful infinity pool, the golf course, and the other resort buildings were visible. Behind the villas, you'll catch gorgeous views of El Yunque and the cloud forest (set in the canopy of the rainforest). The villa itself was cozy yet spacious, and completed with a full set of modern appliances. The kitchen and dining table were perfect for cooking at home (thus not having to eat out every night). Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Every villa is complete with an amazing view!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2016

We rented a villa in the Oceans Sixteen building and had a wonderful week. The location is perfect, in driving distance of everything we had on our agenda. The villa was perfect, much larger than expected and more than exceeded our expectations. The villas were virtually empty. Most evenings we counted maybe three others that had lights on. Great for my husband and myself, but my 20 year old kids really wanted more activity. The views were perfect (this was 224 in building #2). The only issues we had are the following:

1. the pool at this villa never had the lights on at night, unlike the other villas. we love overlooking a beautful lit pool at night. Not sure why. Also, not sure how or when the gates to the pool get unlocked, but many days it wasn't until late morning.

2. While it advertises full use of the Rio Mar resort facilities, we were singled out, and removed from the pool the very first day. This was embarrassing for all of us. We were led by security to a little stand where they tried to sell us Timeshare presentations. Not cool.

3. The beaches are unusable unless you go down to the resort. Very dirty, littered with beach debris and garbage.

4. Beach chairs are available, but you have to physically unstack them yourself and drag them to the beach.

5. The entire week we did not see one person who worked here other than the people maintaining the golf course. I found this to be strange.

These things aside, the villas are beautiful and comfortable and we spend many evenings on the large balcony overlooking the ocean.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

We read all the reviews, and honestly, thought people were exaggerating when they were describing Sandra's condo at Ocean Villa, but we were so wrong.

With all the contacts we had before we departed, we felt like veterans when we arrived.

Sandra made things so easy; she emailed us information about things to do, sights to see, and restaurants to visit.

Did I mention the condo itself? Great views, ocean was right outside our unit, and what could be better than having morning coffee sitting on our balcony watching pelicans fly by, diving into the beautiful ocean getting their breakfast.

We can't wait to return next year!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bob m
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

We rented a villa and had full use of the facilities at the Rio Marr hotel! The two bedroom villas are very spacious some come with the use of the golf cart Which make it easy to go back-and-forth to the hotel. The hotel facilities were awesome 2 golf courses, two large swimming pools and a great beach ! We tried our luc at the casino night and had a lot of fun.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank maritzabruno
Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

I've stayed at Ocean Villas now three times, once with my own family, once with my family and another family and then once for business. I see some reviews referring to this as a resort, this is not a resort, it is a condominium complex that has individual owners. It does not have amenities like a resort does, which is not a bad thing. The condition of the condo you stay in probably does depend on who you rent from. If you are renting a one bedroom I recommend doing so from Beatrice or Euniz and if you are seeking a two bedroom I recommend doing it through Diana Burke at caribbeanluxuryrentals@gmail.com. Or I would recommend looking on flipkey (from trip advisor) for a condo, each owner has done different things with their villas. I would recommend this complex to more specifically a family, they come with full kitchens, washer and dryers, amazing pools and beach. If you get tired of having the beach and pool basically to yourself you can walk two minutes to the wyndam for a little more action.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family