All reviews el yunque xavier condo forest vrbo pools
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Unit 224 at Ocean Sixteen. Great unit for first 5 nights. Then the partiers arrived. Writing this review at 12:38 AM because they will not shut up and turn down the music. Avoid this place if sleep is important to you. Nice pool, but little dirty. Needs a good scrubbing. Nice condo. Unexpected lack of ability to sleep due to the nightly party downstairs. Driving with no sleep tomorrow should be a fun challenge.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I gave my review 2 stars because there were some pros and cons to our stay. With that I will say that I would never recommend or stay in the Villas again.
When we first arrived we weren't provided clear information on how or where we were to pick up our room keys (the resort is large and it took us 20 minutes or so to figure this out). When we found the area to pick up the room keys the concierge gave us little information on where we should go, she wasn't busy just didn't bother. When we got to the room we discovered there wasn't any hot water. The resort emailed us information on turning on a light switch that controls the water heater, however ours was locked behind a closet and we couldn't turn it on. Also, one of the headboards (made of very heavy wood was attached to the wall with a small strip of wood) fell off the wall and almost hit my son in the head when he sat on the bed. All this seem to happen after 5 pm when the concierge has left for the day. We had to wait until late the next day to have these things fixed. I also requested for one of the light bulbs to be replaced which they never did. (I made 2 requests and let then let it go).
We had problems with our parking garage opener working. Not sure what was wrong with it but it would take at least 10 to 12 attempts before we got the gate to open (very frustrating when trying to come and go). One the 3rd day our garage opener wouldn't work at all, one of the handymen said that they just changed the codes for them. Nice that we were told about it!

here are my pros and cons:
Pros=
great location (right on the beach)
2 beautiful pools, they had staff cleaning them and the area everyday!
great location for kids and I always felt safe (I went running on the beach and on the grounds) I could let my kids go for walks (12,14,17) and not worry
nice to have kitchen area, washer dryer and beautiful view (5th floor)
Cons=
hot tube not working
bad to poor service
very dirty!! sofas very stained, carpet looked filthy, rusty applicances and refrig, musty smelling, floor wasn't cleaned well when we arrived and dishes were kinda of crusty (overall one doesn't feel comfortable with these surroundings!)
On the last couple days we found cockroaches and poop. At that point I felt the staff didn't really care and would do little to resolve the issue.
They also had a problem with having bird nests right outside our Villa, the birds seemed they were inside the room because they were so close and every night at 3am they would chirp like crazy.
The air condition is also very loud and sounds like a space ship taking off. It wakes you out of a dead sleep every time it kicks on ( but it does work!) I not sure if that is pro or con!?!?!
Beds were awful and not enough blankets for 8 people (we didn't even have enough for 5!)

Like I said earlier...I will never stay again or recommend these Villas! It's sad because they could really make this a great place with awesome service.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank cassygastaldo
Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

This is the best spot for families who are traveling to rainforest, Fajardo and also touring San juan. Not too far from airport - 30-40 min door to door. (Car imperative). We are right on the beach and also enjoying two pools, hot tub, walking path to Wyndham, easy trip to grocery store and good local restaurants. The pool and beach are well maintained and Quiet!! Beautiful accommodations in every way. We have an upgraded condo-- granite, open LR, 2B 2bath. And if you find one managed by Euniz, grab it! She is lovely, personable and responsive.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank lotsafunfamily
Reviewed 10 March 2015

I give the Wyndham Ocean Villas a very high rating. This was my family's first visit to Puerto Rico, and we stayed in a 2 BR Ocean View villa-- I think it was about the same cost as staying next door in a hotel room at the Wyndham. The villa very close to the hotel, so we could walk over for food or entertainment in the evenings. We cooked our own food at the villa so we could accommodate special diets, and saved a bunch of money that way. The villa was about 1000 ft2 with 2 bedrooms, so we weren't on top of each other all week. It's great with kids, especially if everyone has a different bedtime. The villas were very quiet, we didn't hear noise from the pool or other rooms at all, which is definitely a plus for us.

We loved the beach at the property, and spent part of every day surfing, boogie boarding and body surfing. It seemed that each wave was more perfect than the last, and we could just jump in and ride a wave to shore. The waves were much better formed for body surfing than the ones we have seen on Cape Cod, New Jersey, Florida, and even some of the beaches on Hawaii. The water and beach were what we came to Puerto Rico to find, and we were NOT disappointed. Although the sand was a different color than I expected (it has reddish tones), it really grew on me and made my vacation photos really pop. There was never a crowd at the beach, so you could find solitude on your walks very easily-- unlike what I am used to seeing when I go to the beach in the Northeastern US. There was some plant debris on the beach in the mornings, but the staff was out every day cleaning it up. I did not see any trash at all on the beach.

We loved the location of the Wyndham-- during the middle of the day we escaped the sun and drove up into the jungle to go exploring. There are also plenty of services and places to shop nearby, so you can find everything you need without driving too far.

The local prices for rental cars, food and gas aren't too different than on the mainland, and the rum is much cheaper. :) Most all of the locals spoke English, so we didn't have any trouble with a language barrier when we were out exploring. It was a HUGE plus that our cell phones worked there, unlike other places in the Caribbean. We were able to use the phone GPS to get around, which made it very easy.

There is SO much to do on Puerto Rico, that we don't feel we even scratched the surface in our week-long visit. We loved our stay, and are already planning how soon we can go back. We will definitely make the Wyndham Rio Mar Ocean VIllas our home base for our next trip. If you have questions, send me a message and I'll be happy to answer if I'm able to.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in any of the Ocean Villas, they all have fantastic views!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank NHMcQs
Reviewed 29 January 2015

We were 2 adults and 2 small children and chose this place for the kitchen facilities, proximity to the hotel amenities, its own pool, and that it was so close to the beach. We visited PR before and stayed in San Juan, so this time wanted to explore a new area.

Stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment. The place was clean, everything was working (ACs, TV, internet, washer / dryer, fridge). The place had towels, some toilet paper and kitchen towels for first few days, then we bought our own. The highlight were the pools (1 lap pool, 1 free form, and a whirlpool), kids just loved spending their time there. i also loved how close and easy it was to go from room, to pool, to beach. also, how uncrowded it felt. we ended up going only 1 time to the wyndham hotel pool, and it was so crowded compared to the ocean's villa, that we ran back to the villas. So, even though initially i wanted to stay here to be close to hotel amenities, we ended up not using them at all. The staff were very friendly.

On the negative side, there is limited kid stuff, i thought there would be a playground nearby but didn't see anything walking distance - not even in hotel. Also, this area has strong waves, and it was on the rainy side. A couple of days, it would be storming on the side of Wyndham and totally sunny in Luquillo, so we ended up going to Luquillo.

We rented a car. Visited the rain forest. There is a good number of supermarkets 5-10 minutes drive in either direction.

Overall, it was a fantastic location, and i would love to go back again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family