All reviews free margaritas roots restaurant marbella restaurant puerto rico tiki hut hurricane damage rum bar post hurricane quiet pool vacation club red flag el yunque national forest small casino breakfast buffet self parking play golf great property
Reviewed 24 April 2018

This was our second time returning to this hotel. I will preface this review with the fact that I work in hospitality industry and hold a BS in Hotel Management. This hotel is a great find in Eastern Puerto Rico. It is conveniently located near many activities and things to do. It is also located in a gated community. The hotel is probably one of the most pristine properties we have ever stayed it. It was so impressive to wake up in the morning (we usually woke up between 6-7am) and sit out on the patio and see the staff maintaining the property and doing it with such perfection. I have read negative reviews about being charged a $500 hold, or being charged for towels etc... The hold on the card is a normal operating procedure for any hotel and yes the amount varies from hotel to hotel but if you can afford to get yourself to Puerto Rico you can afford the hold on your card for incidentals. The towel charges are not charged if you return the towels to the towel hut or front desk. Besides that, This trip, we decided to bring our girls back to the hotel and they just loved it. They have lots of activities for the kids from lawn games, iguana feeding, hair braiding with beads to pool games. Our girls loved the pools, waterslide and also the fact that we were steps away from the ocean and could enjoy that at any time as well. One thing that definitely impressed me is that I noticed the general manager making rounds of the property a lot and I loved how he was active, and engaged in the hotel and didn't just sit behind his desk all day. There was a lot of pride and professionalism from all the staff and they really worked hard to help everyone enjoy their vacations. This hotel is a great place to relax and visit and we will definitely be back.

Room tip: We had an oceanview room and I would highly recommend that.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Jaime N
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Clean and nice hotel, great and very friendly staff.

The only thing I was very surprised about was Dirty beach, nobody cleaned it, I travel a lot, this is the first time i see something like this, first of all the sand is not the softest(its not the white sand you usually see on Caribbean) plus there's so much trash everywhere?! Uh? You literally have to enter the water through the plastic. Didn't feel like I'm in paradise.
Elliot at the front desk was really helpful and gave us really great tour recommendations, great guy!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ana d, Manager at Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hi Irina,

Your comments are very concerning for us since we are very committed to the environment. Can you please share with us your email to make sure we can get more information regarding comments listed above?

Have a Grand Day!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

This resort is right near El Yunque rainforest, has beautiful beaches, great rooms, restaurants, and pools. We had a rainforest view but could still see some ocean. Great for families with children. Nothing but nice things to say, staff is very helpful. Very nice place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2018

we spent the night here before a cruise.....but we will be back and spend time at this resort. Amazing staff....all of them from the desk to the restaurants Nice walk on the beach. Comfortable bed and fluffy pillows.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent resort. Superb service. Fabulous beach. Friendly staff. Close to El Yunque forest. Very quiet, beautiful green area. Perfect for vacation or conference. I stayed there for a retreat, but I plan to return as soon as possible. There is no visible hurricane damage. The hotel is beautiful and spotlessly clean. The ocean view rooms all have balconies. Very well managed resort.

Trip type: Travelled on business