All reviews post hurricane free margaritas roots restaurant major hurricane champagne and chocolate covered strawberries marbella restaurant juan diaz puerto rico great shape incredible stay one bedroom unit rum bar vacation club sparkling clean adult pool is self parking amazing island
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Being travel bloggers we know what the standard at a hotel should be. Well the Wyndham grand rio mar delivered in every way possible and exceeded all of our expectations. From the moment we arrived till the moment we checked out everything went perfect! The whole staff deserves a raise! Our only regret was not staying longer. If you’re wondering if things are fine after the hurricane don’t think anymore. Everything was running smoothly. There was electricity everywhere in town and all tourist activities around the area where operational ( we did the bio bay, scuba diving, and visited the yunque forest even though only half of it is open at the moment we went). If you stay I recommend the restaurant on the huge golf course, the food is great there and so is the view! We did a video review of the property on our YouTube channel, feel free to check it out!
By searching Volpe where are you

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018

We travel to many resorts and just back from Wyndham's Rio Grand----had to be one of our most special times at any resort. The hotel is grand and been brought back from Maria --the rooms are so bright and views spectacular ---the staff treated us like royalty and paid attention to make sure our visit was unforgettable. Pools are kept perfectly clear and towels and refreshments readily available.The beach is pristine and a short walk from the hotel. if you want a vacation that will give you the ultimate escape from the daily grind you will never forget a week at this resort.

For full disclosure, I am not affiliated or have any financial ties to Wyndham--I just had such a great travel experience at this resort I wanted to share with others who may want to stay there.

Lennart S.

Room Tip: Ocean room for view.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank itsfast2
Reviewed 19 April 2018

The staff was very friendly and professional. Ate at the Caicu Rum Bar, Tamara, Carlos, Mylee and Efrain were AWESOME!! Best place for Margaritas. Can't wait to travel back again, the best place ever !!
Thank you Wyndham Grand Rio Mar for the great hospitality .
Bill and April (NJ)

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 19 April 2018

We stayed in the Margaritaville portion of Wyndham Rio Mar for two weeks. It was absolutely amazing! I am a GM at another Wyndham property and was here on vacation. The staff could not be friendlier and more accommodating. Angela at the front desk was gracious, friendly, extremely knowledgeable, and made our first impression a great one. Concierge people were very helpful whenever we had questions or needed a ride to the grocery store. The rooms have a full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, cooktop and all dishes and utensils needed. You can go to Selectos grocery store, just a few minutes away, to stock up on groceries if you want to save some money. The resort food is very good but somewhat expensive. Drinks are $12 and up per drink. I had a glass of wine one night in the lobby bar and it was $16 for less than a half a glass. With that said, those prices are in keeping with other resorts of the same type. I cannot say enough about the staff at Rio Mar - every single employee, no matter what position they had or what they were doing, greeted us with a smile and a hello and always asked if there was anything we needed. The grounds, the beach, the pools, are all absolutely beautiful. We ate in Roots restaurant several times. The food and drinks were always wonderful with one exception - one night I ordered a glass of merlot and it came and it was freezing cold! The waiter told me the bottle was in the refrigerator. Merlot and red wine is always served at room temperature and never put in the refrigerator, so I just asked for a different kind of red wine and he brought it and it was fine. I would ask management to please tell the staff at Roots not to put the merlot in the refrigerator. Rio, who sang in the lobby bar was absolutely wonderful - could not get enough of his singing. The casino was very nice; a lot of fun! One note in the casino - my dad was playing blackjack one night and right in the middle of the game, the floor manager asked him to change his seat so another person could sit where he was sitting. Anyone who has knowledge of a blackjack table in a casino knows you never make someone change their seat, especially not in the middle of a game or that affects the distribution of the cards. When that was explained to the floor manager, he didn't seem to get it, so it effectively ended my dad's game, which was unfortunate. Otherwise, the casino was very nice and we had fun there. The gift shop had nice items; it would be nice to see some Margaritaville items in it too. Overall, it is an amazing, beautiful place and we look forward to going back again!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Little_Sweden_GM
Reviewed 19 April 2018

I was wowed. I normally never write a review however I had to for this fascinating resort. Wyndham Grand Rio Mar PR from the moment we arrived the staff where extremely pleasant from the valet to check in and restaurants. I would highly recommend this beautiful resort which by the way is in a perfect beautiful beach location. I stayed in the ocean view suit and it was GORGEOUS! Being in this resort, you could have never told me that 9 months ago they had faced a tragedy. #prselevanta

Room Tip: Ocean View Suit is the way to go
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends