Go prepared if you've read the reviews. keep in mind that paying $220 doesn't include much other than pool use and towels.. but there really isn't much to do other than the pool, the beach and maybe the gym.
Most guest bring food from outside the hotel with them, I saw lots of people with personal coolers, and their own drinks and food at the pool. I can understand being that per person if you were to have breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel you would need at least $75 per person per day. And that would be being cautious.
There are 5 on site restaurants, Palio (Italian - Fine dining up to $45 per plate) ,Marbella (Puertorrican - casual up to $30 p/p) a japanese restaurant under $30. There is s poolside restaurant that has an amazing menu and is more affordable but is almost never open. The have the pool bar open most of the time. There is also a small cafe next to the casino were you can get decent coffee for about $5 and lost of pastries. There are also two other at the country club.
The thing is if you have all your meals outside of the hotel will take up all of your day, meaning you spent $220 a night to not enjoy the hotel.
The way i see it. Either come ready to pay $75 dollars a day p/p or Bring it with you. You might want to research and see if there is any place near that has delivery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between El Yunque Rainforest and a mile stretch of secluded beach, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa is Puerto Rico's most exotic beach, golf and spa resort destination. 500 magnificent acres with spectacular ocean, rainforest and lush tropical views serve as backdrops to 400 newly renovated guestrooms and suites and an exclusive renovated 48,000-sq.-ft. Oceanfront Conference Center. Located on the N.E. Ecological Corridor of Puerto Rico's shoreline, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar is a haven for fun, sun and forging memorable experiences. The new guestrooms exude traditional Puerto Rican architecture and feature thoughtful indigenous touches. The resort boasts two championship golf courses & tennis center, Mandara spa, 10 lounges and restaurants with award-winning cuisine, an exciting casino, two nature reserves and a guest experience program that encompasses the beauty and nature of its magical surroundings. And since Puerto Rico is a US Commonwealth, no passports or visas are required for US Citizens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Rio Grande