“Rude and unprofessional”
Review of West Bay Loop

West Bay Loop
Ranked #7 of 25 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: BIKE RENTALS - GUIDED BIKE TOUR - COASTAL BIKE ROUTE - " POSSIBLY THE BEST BIKE ROUTE IN THE CARIBBEAN! " - West Bay Loop Coastal Bike Trail - Let the Adventure Begin! The world class West Bay Loop Bike Trail is Cayman's No.1 land-based adventure activity. RENT A BIKE and cycle the Loop yourself or take a GUIDED BIKE TOUR. Our expert guides know the history, ecology and heartbeat of the island. This fun 3-hour guided tour will take you safely through the maze of pristine beach trails and country backroads of the most beautiful part of Grand Cayman. Our attentive guides and easy paced tour will allow you to relax and enjoy this stunning natural eco-environment as you glide along with the breeze in your hair. Our tours follow a flat coastal route past Seven Mile Beach, North West Point, Boatswains Bay and the tranquil mangroves and beach trails of Barkers National Park. BIKE RENTALS AVAILABLE: GIANT BEACH CRUISERS; GIANT ROAD BIKES; QUALITY GIANT HYBRIDS; KIDS BIKES; TOW-BEHIND BUGGIES. Expert advice and maps provided. Safety Equipment provided, includes helmet. Start & Finish at the Cracked Conch Waterfront Bar & Restaurant in West Bay. IF YOU LOVE BIKING - DO NOT MISS THIS!
Reviewed 9 July 2018

If you search for bike rentals on Grand Cayman, West Bay Loop will pop to the top. DO NOT RENT from them. We tried several times to contact them to rent 2 bicycles for a week. The first time, I emailed Richard weeks in advance to set up rentals that would be available the day we arrived. He blew me off with a curt email telling me to contact him when we arrived. So we did try and call him the day we arrived – and even had one of the hotel managers help us. Richard blew us off, telling us he had to deal with his daughter that day and to call us back the next day. The next day when we called, he gave us 2 prices for the bikes. When my husband asked him to clarify why he changed the price, he told him he wouldn’t do business with us, then hung up on us. VERY rude and unprofessional. Even the front desk manager at our resort tried to talk with Richard, and he read her the riot act and continued to refuse service, saying he had to make a living. I work in the service industry and would NEVER treat my customers this way. It’s clear from his inconsistent behavior you can’t trust him to come through for you. Read the other comments – you’ll see a common theme among them. We finally ended up contacting Adventura Cayman – who treated us very well and with exceptional service. We’ll give our business to Adventura Cayman any day. By the way, we did ride all over the West Bay, through Barker’s National Park and all the neighborhoods. It’s beautiful - although we found the West Bay Loop map inaccurate and confusing. I fully expect a hostile response from Richard on this post, which is consistent with how we treated us.

3  Thank Susan G

Cayman Car Museum
Hell
Boatswain Beach
and drove the sandy roads into the National Park

Watch out for iguanas - they are everywhere!

A wonderful day out - highly recommended.

1  Thank Stephen A
WBLoop, Manager at West Bay Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Richard- Manager

This is the 6th review we have from someone who has not actually used us, rented a bike, met me, used our service, ridden the West Bay Loop etc
Why is this unregulated stuff permitted to be on the internet? What a load of silly nonsense. The desperation of people to put on these irrelevant reviews amazes me. Have they nothing better to do?

Not impressed Trip Advisor

Please remove

Reviewed 7 May 2018

You can't go wrong with West Bay Loop when renting bikes! We were a big group staying on Rum Point and rented six bikes for a couple of weeks. Richard delivered and picked up the bikes and threw in an extra bike as well! He gave great advice on routes and made renting bikes unbelievably easy. Also--he rents great bikes! Even the kids in our group who don't normally like to ride bikes, loved riding these (it does help that Grand Cayman is pretty flat). So, if you're looking for fun bikes and great service, call West Bay Loop!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Though my husband and I were not able to rent bicycles on our port day on our cruise, I am still writing a positive review. Though a small company, they obviously give excellent customer service, and care about the safety of their customers.

In the time leading up to our cruise, Richard at West Bay Loop consistently responded to my emails and questions.

Then, some days before our arrival day, Richard wrote to say they had to cancel our reservation. He said a member of his staff had left suddenly, and "We do not have the staff to look after you, or a vehicle spare that day to cover your safety." He also gave us the name of an alternate company to do our bicycle rental. Now that's customer service!

Bottom line: If ever we are on Grand Cayman again, we will rent bicycles from West Bay Loop, and/or go on one of their bicycle tours.

1  Thank NahanniRafter
WBLoop, Manager at West Bay Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Richard manager here

This is our 5th review from some one who did not actually use us. It is irrelevant . Bikers want reviews from people who actually hire our bikes and ride the West bay Loop. Please remove.