“What a great find!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sally M
“What a great find!”
Reviewed 13 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

We've had a fabulous stay at Exchange Cottage and couldn't have asked for a more perfect base for exploring the beautiful Northumberland coast.

The bungalow style accommodation and fenced garden provided a hassle free and safe environment for our energetic 18 month old!

The cottage was equipped with everything we needed for our stay. However if you decided to eat out, a short walk takes you to the local village where there is a great choice of eateries pretty much on your doorstep.

Thank you Cosy Retreats for looking after us so well. We will definitely return!

19 Jul 2017
Sally, you're very welcome and do come and see us again soon! Very kind of you to leave such lovely feedback and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay :) John, cosy-retreats.com
Porschegi...
“Great location”
Reviewed 11 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

Nice and spacious -everything you need in a well equipped kitchen .... well located to see all the sights and a stone throw way from the river /sea

19 Jul 2017
Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback...really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you can come again soon! John, cosy-retreats.com
OliverCyp...
North East England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

I was nor going to write a review but after reading the last review I am incensed as we were the last people staying in the cottage prior to them and we did not leave it in a mess as was inferred. There was an issue with the kitchen tap which was very stiff but it was stiff on our arrival. The cottage needs many improvements,certainly painting,especially the door which does not give a good first impression. On our arrival. the cooker was very dirty and was setting off the smoke alarm every time we turned it on so I went out to buy oven cleaner and scrubbed it clean. I also bought the bags for the hoover as there were none available and it had been left full. The settees were especially uncomfortable as a previous review stated so were definitely not down to us. The showers are very low pressure and also the heating needed maintenance which we were told would be done but was not in the 8 weeks we were there and we had to periodically check it and sort out the leak as shown by the owner. Bed linen needs renewing and the towels are too small. The bed is not comfortable and I believe that it requires a new mattress.The very dirty oven tray was not down to us and indeed had never been used by us. We did think of throwing it out but did not think we should. The hoover was not easy to use on the carpet and I used to get down on my hands and knees to clean it. We were staying in the property whilst searching for our permanent home and although we had actually booked and paid for 8 weeks we actually left a week early so the owner had plenty of time to do soneme basic maintenance issues. In my opinion the owner is a very nice guy but is leaving too much to his cleaners who I feel are letting him down and not reporting issues - they must surely have noticed the tap in the kitchen whilst cleaning? The grassed lawn required cutting but was not done and to be honest we could have raised many issues but did not want to be seen as complaining. On a posirive note the cotrage is in an ideal location ans could be so much better wirh better maintenance and updating.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
19 Apr 2017
Shelagh, thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. I think people would find your comments more credible if you hadn’t waited all this time to make them.

To set the record straight…the guests that followed you were simply making a positive remark about the swiftness with which we dealt with some issues that were left after your stay. Whether you like it or not, it is a simple fact that you could have told us about the kitchen bin that you broke, the stiff kitchen tap and the bulbs that had gone. What I said to the guests was, that if I’d known about these issues, I could and would have had them rectified in time for the beginning of their stay.

You are spot on about a couple of issues that need addressing – the exterior paintwork will all be done at the end of this summer and the sofas have become uncomfortable and they will be replaced in the next couple of weeks.

Regarding the rest of your remarks, you most certainly did not have to ‘sort out the leak’ on the central heating system – I simply showed you how to re-pressurise the system by turning a tap, as the pressure falls below where it should be from time to time…I'm sure most people would find that helpful. The tap, the oven, the bed linen and the vacuum bags are all things you could have told me about and I could have sorted them for you right away, instead of waiting eleven weeks to moan about them on Trip Advisor.

Mattresses are a matter of taste and this one certainly does not need replacing…as are vacuum cleaners, and I'm certain there are enough people out there using ‘Henry’ that would testify that they're pretty good. The same vacuum cleaner has the rug looking beautifully clean at the start of everyone’s stay. No one asked you to get on your hands and knees and clean the rug! As for the towels – you had eight bath towels and eight hand towels between two of you – I'm sure the sizes are quite standard. As for the lawn – it is not advisable to cut grass in the winter, unless it happens to be unseasonably warm, which it wasn't.

Our cottage is not perfect by any stretch but it has hosted many a happy time away for families, couples and individuals over the years. It’s not a show home and it never will be, it gets used…and I would rather have it that way. We’re very fortunate that we have a lot of lovely guests who are very kind to point out things that are broken or that need doing and, where possible, we sort these things out for them right away so it doesn’t impact on their holiday.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave feedback.

Regards, John. cosy-retreats.com
Liz D
“Lovely cottage in the shadow of Warkworth Castle”
Reviewed 17 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

This is our second stay at Exchange Cottage in Warkworth, we spent a week this time. The cottage had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable. There were a few issues upon arrival that the previous guests had left in an unsatisfactory way, but after a call to John these issues were quickly rectified. The cottage is clean and well equipped, the location is perfect. We visited most of the eating establishments in Warkworth and we're not disappointed with Bertrams being our favourite for huge portions of homemade cake! Great location to tour up and down the coast, spoilt for choice with dog friendly beaches. My only recommendations for the cottage would be to update the showers as they are not powerful and a link of paint to the front door!

5 May 2017
Liz thanks for taking the time to leave feedback! I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay. That's a fair point about the showers...maybe a power shower is needed! As for the front door - yes, you're totally right and all the external woodwork will be painted towards the end of Summer 2017. We've just replaced the old sofas too and as you've kindly booked again for October - hopefully you'll see the difference! Best wishes, John, cosy-retreats.com
Seaham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

3 Mar 2017
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback. We hope to be able to welcome you again soon! John, cosy-retreats.com
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing