“Pushy service”

Rumbaba
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A new welcome addition to the range of restaurants in this tourist area which is currently full of super yachts. The Italian owner and her French chef partner are cooking at a really high standard in this small, but wonderfully formed wooden building. It's possible to watch the chef at close proximity. Each plate is lovingly prepared; all are delicious and some,for example the carpaccio of marlin or the seared tune, are exceptional.
Reviewed 4 April 2015

We had pasted this place a few times & it always looked welcoming, so we decided to give it a go. We hadn't booked, but the lady in charge seated us behind the main restaurant. Although it didn't have the same atmosphere as the front, it was still nice. We realised we needed to book.

The waitress came & asked us what we wanted to drink, so we ordered some water & asked if we could order our drinks after we had seen the menu and had decided what to eat. She said the lady would bring the menu in a moment.

Eventually the lady did bring the menu, but it was a photo of the menu board taken on her iPad. She proceeded to hold up her iPad & talk us through the menu. In order to see it properly, she had to zoom in to each item because it was very small. She then stood there & waited for us to choose. This was really difficult because you couldn't see the whole menu at once and her standing there put you under pressure to choose.

We had one person in our party who doesn't eat fish. There where only two meat options and unfortunately he didn't fancy either. We felt forced to make a quick decision as the lady stood there with an impatient attitude. It was very uncomfortable.

After she left, we decided we were not going to enjoy the meal because of the way they had made us feel. One of the party went to tell her we were going to leave. She was cross, charged us for the bottle of water & asked for no feedback as to way.

It was disappointing to leave because the food did look good. It was more expensive though than any of the other places we had tried in Falmouth.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

My husband and I recently enjoyed an outstanding meal in this tiny, funky restaurant. The menu is small which is usually a good indication that the food will be excellent and it is. The freshness of the ingredients is beyond compare. Because of the size of the restaurant, you can watch the chefs prepare the meals and it is truly like a ballet. My husband had the snapper which was served whole, bones in. He said it was the best he has ever had. I chose the sirloin which also was superb. The vegetables were the best ever...right out of the garden. The service is excellent...this husband and wife team have hit the Mark.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

My wife and I loved this place, the owners were great, the food outstanding and the atmosphere and buzz were unique.

Don't judge the place from the outside, it's tiny and shack like.

A great eating experience

1  Thank crazypom
Reviewed 12 February 2015

I ate at this restaurant after hearing from others that the food was fabulous. Traveling as a female alone, some restaurants are not as welcoming. I was initially placed outside on porch which was fine but owner came and asked me to please move inside so I would not be disturbed. Service was excellent, met two others dining alone and had a wonderful evening. My meal was beautifully and perfectly prepared. Would definitely return!

Reviewed 4 February 2015

Another french/italian restaurant that cooks beautiful food. Small menu and the chefs are busy cooking right beside you. The whole place is about the size of someone's front room and that can make it a bit tight for space.

1  Thank notjohnbud