“Caraiva without Duca is not Caraiva”
Review of Cantinho da Duca

Cantinho da Duca
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Caraiva
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We spent a week in a vacation home right next to the restaurant and so we ate almost everyday at Duca's :)
The breakfast is very generously served and you get entertained by all the native birds having their breakfast too.
The whole wheat bread is homemade and so is the Guava jam. What Duca and Lua don't prepare at their kitchen comes from local producers, like the veggies, butter and so on.
Lunch is also very delicious, even if you are not vegetarian.
The paintings , that decorate the place are created by Duca and there is a store where you can purchase them too.
Definitely visit this charming place.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

The best desert in town and the best vegetarian restaurant pf the region! A must go place even for those who are not vegetarians.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

I adored it.Everything in that breakfast was home made and I could feel the love and care involved in the preparation of each part of the menu. The bread, the jelly, the cheese...awesome. Peaceful tiny place, you share the very few tables and enjoy the view of birds coming to eat fruit seeds in Duca's garden. In the contiguous room, her paintings are a way to take home the soul of Caraiva, since you will find out she painted all the murales and cozy corners of this charming village.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

We loved this place and ate here quiet a few times. The people running it are very friendly and the foodwas great. The best beans I ate in Brazil and really good value.

Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

Very lovely restaurant for vegetarian lunch.The owners don't speak English, but were very friendly. We just nodded to whatever this lady said and she disappeared into the kitchen cooking. We sat down and looked at the menu, not knowing what we have agreed to. Then I suddenly remembered they have a "daily special" for a good price so I guessed we must have ordered that. We ordered some juice and our food soon arrived. It was definitely one of the best vegetarian food I have ever had! Totally changed my views on vegetarian food. Not sure what exactly the food was, but there were some yummy fried rice, beans stew, veggie lasagne and salad. Whatever they were, they were really really good with a very reasonable price. Absolutely love it.

The restaurant is only opened in the day time and has a very nice, relaxing atmosphere. The owners (or one of them) are local artists and the place is also their studio. There were lots of lovely paintings which I believed were for sale too.