The cottage had everything we needed for a weeks stay. Very cosy and lots of character. The kitchen was well equipped and was nice to have a bath with good pressure on shower. - my partner very pleased about this! Ditchling we found out is not great for mobile phones,(although we did get reception in a corner of one of the bedrooms) however there is internet at the Cottage. The bedrooms were both light and airy and the beds huge and very comfortable. The house is tastefully decorated and very clean. The patio outside has charm and is secluded. Ditchling is a beautiful village, we were spoilt for things to do, being close to both Brighton and Lewes (a must to visit). Michelle was great and nothing too much trouble.
Lovely cottage in the heart of Ditchling village, compact but cosy with good facilities. Within seconds of local tea rooms and great pubs. Road can be quite noisy but you do get used to it. No allocated parking but never a problem parking either on side roads or at free local car park. Owner Michelle is lovely and will help with anything you need. If looking for a place to stay in a beautiful Sussex village I would definitely recommend 10 High Street.
The cottage is in a lovely village and quite well presented.
The negative points are:
1. As mentioned by other reviewers the cottage is on a very busy road road with many large lorries squeezing past. Parking is also tricky.
2. Cooking and dining facilities are less than ideal:
1. The kitchen is poorly equipped: there was no potato peeler, there was only one rather blunt kitchen knife, no egg cups, teflon was peeling off the wok, few saucepans had lids
2. only two dining chairs, however there were a further two plastic chairs in the cupboard under the stairs which had been exposed to decorating
3. The bathroom is inconveniently located at the far end of the kitchen which is a rather long walk if one needs the bathroom in the night.
Lovely cosy and well appointed cottage at the foot of the South Downs with lots of beautiful walks and good local food close by. Convenient for Brighton and London with a train station 5 minutes away at Hassocks.
Michelle (the owner) was always very helpful and readily available to answer any questions. A lovely little retreat that we would highly recommend.
The property was as described on Trip Advisor
It was site centrally for our visits to Bloomsbury properties - Charleston, Sissinghurst, Monks house etc and centrally in the picturesque village of Ditchling.
Michelle was a friendly and helpful host.
We had a wonderful holiday