“Really excellent service and great value”
Review of Air Asia Berhad - Malaysia

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We had our first experience of the budget airline Air Asia not long back. We flew from Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. The flight time was slightly under 8 hours and we flew economy. We came away very impressed by the quality of what we experienced with this ultra-smart airline.

Although this is a budget airline, there are facilities to book an individual seat and in a particular area of the cabin. Booking a "Hot Seat" enables you to sit by a door with, therefore, very generous leg room. At just £5 that was a great bargain. We also paid another £5 to enjoy Priority Boarding which made the boarding process very relaxed and stress free.

Furthermore, we took advantage of the option to book our meals ahead of the flight. The selection of meals is wide and we enjoyed some excellent Malaysian dishes washed down with some Tiger beers, again at a very low price.

The aircraft itself is very smart, decked out in the Air Asia red colours and the cabin crew were all very friendly and provided excellent service.

Yes, we were very impressed indeed with our first time with Air Asia. Our return flight was of an equally high standard and we later flew smaller distances within Malaysia itself, such as Kuala Lumpur to Penang. These were also high quality and very good value.

We recommend this airline wholeheartedly. Don't be put off by its budget airline classification. Those available options to select your own seats and book meals ahead at such an affordable cost make it a genuinely quality option for your air travel.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,126)

Reviewed 11 December 2017

They now provide entertainment through free wifi inside the plane. Other than that, Air Asia shows signs of a mature airline, polished in its operations. We had a pass through flight through KLIA2 and our luggage was checked through all the way, advantage of a single booking. I recommend booking a meal. They are quite good value compared to other airlines, MAS for example. Everything was smooth. Return flight was 20 min late.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Very nice flight, food was pre- ordered and came correctly, it was ok. This flight was on time this time, nice team and great and friendly crew.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

The first time we took this company, our flight was delayed of about 30minutes. The second time, 2h30 so we miss our connection. We want our luggages for the hotel but they still make you wait for them another 15 to 20min. Some staff doesn't even know where the lost and found is. Terrible experience for such a company.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I had a few enquiries regarding flight changes, so I went on the live chat as it was available 24/7. I did not mind the wait for a queue of 97 people, but I had a very bad agent who attended to me. I repeated my questions multiple times, in different ways of explanation and elaboration as it seems like she could not understand my questions, and it felt very much like she was reading unrelated information off the Air Asia website itself. After calmly repeating myself several times, she hung up on me in a very abrupt manner.

*Note: I did not end up booking with Air Asia as I was not provided with the clarification I needed so disregard the flight details herein.

3  Thank iflyaround891