“Poor”
Review of SriLankan Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The check in was terrible.The girl send a passenger behind me in the queue to check in counter. I objected but she did not bother.I was sent next to the other counter which became free.The passenger had 3 big packages wrapped in coloured plastic.I could see the weight it was more than 100 kilos.The passenger seems to be a regular trader as he was friendly with the staff.The only issue was the weight included in the load sheet if not safety is in question. I was quickly checked in and sent his checking in was slow.The boarding was poor.The in flight service was excellent. The meal was terrible.

1  Thank SE s
Write a ReviewReviews (2,006)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Did book one month before travel. Even though I booked for
Economy class, at time of boarding I got upgraded to business class.
Service and Food are good. Provided landing card.
I have done online check-in, so got selected seat.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Joseph D
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The check in was excellent out of Colombo.The in flight service was excellent. The in flight meal was terrible. The flight was cold. There were no immigration cards on board.The passengers were delayed to go thro immigration as they have to look for the cards at the airport and time filling it.The distribution of immigration cards is the the first thing any airline distribute as you get on board and this is out of Colombo their main base.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Booked 4 months earlier and tried to select seats, but was unable to do so online which was annoying.
We arrived early to be able to get window seats and queued until it opened, then At check in we were asked to show the card I had booked with which expired and so they demanded that I go to the ticket desk to get my new card ‘ approved’ which meant that we had to re queue for another 30 minutes and by that time all the window seats had gone - so again very annoying!
The seats themselves were ok and there were some good films, but the was little good or appropriate audio - e.g. for sleeping to.
Generally better than British Airways when it comes to service, food and comfort.

2  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 5 April 2018

SriLankan Airlines left our luggage in Melbourne

Without luggage for 3 days and not even a suggestion of help from Sri Lankan Airlines.

Judging by the number of families around the lost luggage desk there were at least another 20 families in the same boat.

They simply left it in Melbourne.

When it turned up several days later it was damaged which was reported on their receipt form but we never heard from them again.

We have waited 3 months to see if Sri Lankan Airlines get in touch but it appears they could not care less.

We will never travel Sri Lankan Airlines again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank hapitravel