“If it wasn't for Ivory, our flight attendant, this would have been an awful experience”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First off we had a 3 hour delay. Then when we "pre-boarded" with our son who is wheelchair bound...we were not given sufficient amount of time to get his car seat safely secured before others began boarding (he needed a car seat because he cannot sit unsupported). We were very close to a nervous breakdown, trying to secure the seat property and get our son comfortably in his car seat (barely any leg room for him, if he was 1/4" taller he would not have fit). Ivory, our flight attendant was phenomenal. She asked people to stop until we were comfortably situated. She told us not to worry and to make sure we were happy with the way our son was seated and not to rush. Additionally, after the flight landed she arranged for us to be seated in the front rows with the extra leg space so that we could have an easier/smoother return flight. If it wasn't for Ivory this review would have be awful. This was our first time flying with our son, and it was almost the last time...but Ivory has definitely helped us see it is possible to travel with him. Thank you Ivory!!!!! Your supervisors should commend you on your excellent service!

FOR ALL AIRLINES: there should be an accommodation for people who have specialty wheelchairs to be able to remove an airline seat and fasten/strap the specialized chair into position. Our son has customized seating to help support him and it would have been much easier for him to remain in his wheelchair. I am surprised this is not yet an option. We can do this in automotive vehicles, buses, trains....why not airplanes yet?????

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
TristaM71, Director of Customer Care at Frontier Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello MJ_2017_ca,

We appreciate that you took time to provide feedback about our flight attendant. Compliments are a wonderful reward for a job well done and we appreciate the opportunity to share your thoughtful words with Ivory and her supervisor.

We look forward to providing your travel needs for many years to come.

Frontier Airlines

Write a ReviewReviews (9,650)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was charged $78.00 just for carry on, despite booking my flight months ahead. Arrived 45 minutes late, and then had to wait another 45 minutes at baggage claim. And this was in early November, not even during peak season around Thanksgiving.

1  Thank Mahrukh K

Hello Mahrukh K,

Additionally, we apologize for the delay you experienced, and if you would like to further discuss this incident, please private message us on Facebook or write in at flyfrontier.custhelp.com/app/frontierairlines. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Okay it's not a bad airline, just sneaky about how they post their fares. You can get all excited about a cheap ticket (which now I realize its too good to be true. Again, I haven't flown the airline, so it's just their marketing nonsense. I guess they figure if you save a buck or two it's worth it. Why don't the just price their seats out like the other airlines, what you see is what you get. With them I got a good fare, but then had to pay, yes pay for a seat, and pay for a carry on, yes pay for the carry on, and then pay for the checked bag, make me wonder if you have to pay to use the toilets too? I guess you get so far into booking you don't go back out to compare flights. I wish there weren't so many sites that advertise all these wonder flights, when if you go right to the source, actual airline, it's a real deal. Okay forgot to tell you I booked it through Flighthub....and found another charge for $18.95 for using their sight. I looked it up said because they were in Canada and fee is for conversion of dollars, blah blah blah. Not being mean, just a lot of hidden words.
Bottom line is WE are responsible for checking things out before we blindly book. *sigh* but it takes up so much time, because each one you have to sign up, create a password, email, and then......yah you guessed it. More junk email, mine bursts it's seems for places I've had to login into just to get through the showroom door.
Enough, just keep you eyes open and reading these Trip Advisers really helps. In any field even picking out doctors. Flight is for my son, it's coming up, I better giving him some quarters in case they do charge for the bathrooms. *grin*

Hello Jolene T,

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your recent booking experience. I apologize for any misunderstanding in Frontier's pricing policy and appreciate the opportunity to explain. I can imagine your frustration when you were advised that here at Frontier, we charge for optional travel services such as use of overhead bin space, or pre-selecting a desired seat in advance. I understand. Here at Frontier, we know that above all else, our customers want low fares and our focus is to provide the lowest fares that get you from point A to point B. Selling tickets at prices as low as ours and then charging for options allows customers to fully customize their travel experience.

We work hard to ensure everyone knows what to expect before making their purchase with us. When booking directly at Frontier Airlines we fully disclose our fees via multiple pop ups that inform guests of all anticipated costs before getting to the payment page. I'm sorry you did not have the opportunity to review expected fees before making your purchase with Flighthub.

We are constantly reviewing our fares, along with our competitors', and have found the fares we offer are typically the lowest amongst our competitors in the markets we serve, even with added fees. Nevertheless, I understand where you're coming from and I'll share your concerns with our Marketing team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

They lure you in with “low fares” but they include NO carry on NO checked bag. How can someone travel without luggae ? One personal item only that fits under the seat and it better be no larger than the size of a purse! They will harrass you and make you pay fees. They oversell flights as well !! Check in super early or risk losing your seat ! My friend also had a terrible experience and chose these jerks for an international flight. She attenpted to check in 24 hours before Online and kept getting errors. When she got to the gate SURPRISE it was now too late to check in. She arrived exactly 2 hours before her flight. Stay away !!! Pay the extra 30 bucks upfront and go with a reputable airline you will pay more with their additional fees.

1  Thank K C

Hello K C,

I would like to apologize for your recent experience. I can assure you this is not the service we aim to provide. We would like to further discuss this incident with you. Please private message us on Facebook or write in at flyfrontier.custhelp.com/app/frontierairlines. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Don't need any frills just get to your destination, then Frontier did just that. No problems with any delays, left on time and arrived a few minutes early. However had to cancel the return flight due to a medical emergency and reschedule and it's nearly impossible to get a human on the phone to do this. Still trying to convince them I cancelled one and rescheduled to get some money back.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hello James W W,

We are always pleased to hear from a satisfied customer and are delighted that your recent experience was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you aboard many future Frontier Airlines flights!

I would like to apologize that you have not been able to get anyone on the phone. I can assure you this is not the service we aim to provide. We would like to further discuss this further with you. Please private message us on Facebook or write in at flyfrontier.custhelp.com/app/frontierairlines. We hope to hear from you soon!