“Overcrowded, bad food”
Review of China United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There can be no good reviews of long haul economy until United realizes we need more space. American and Air Canada have both started premium economy- meaningful premium economy-not the extra centimeter we get on United’s joke premium economy. It’s inhumane. There needs to be a choice between the exorbitant pricing for luxury business class and the downright suffering of the cheap seats. Also the food was just gross, I know it’s an airplane not a restaurant, but the food used to be edible. Now I would suggest bringing your own.
Lastly the pilot got us to our destination an hour early but I don’t know why. There’s never parking available for early flights and personally I would rather be flying than on the tarmac for an hour. Overall just torture. And if United reads this please know I am 1k.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

They are reasonable. After I was taxed by Pobeda of Russia, I asked China united airline to charge me 5kgs of luggage, they ignored me and just charge the ticket only. I had no problem in checked-in and boarding. really nice trip.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 30 August 2018

United First was the best. Enjoyed not only the space and food service, but the flight attendants were exceptional.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Got to the airport in Amsterdam to find that they had a 5 hour power outage before we got there. There were 3 flights lined up at the United check in counter as 2 earlier flights had been delayed and the line wound around the building. They had 4 (FOUR!) ticket agents for about 1100 people checking in plus their baggage conveyor would not work to send bags through. We had to race through to get to our plane on time over 3 concourses and a bus trip. 2 hours out of Amsterdam the pilot said we were diverting to London Heathrow due to electrical issues (later heard it was an engine fire?) and that some United personnel would direct us once we got into the terminal. We had to go out of passport control, then had to figure out how to get to the United Desk which was not readily evident. THERE WERE NO UNITED FLIGHT REPS IN SIGHT.. Finally got to the United desk with one rep there and about 300 other passengers behind us needing to rebook. They did rebook us on a flight to Washington that day but because their system was too slow we did not show up in security screening and had to go back to ticketing to get a United Ticket agent to tell security it was ok to let us through. We then had to run for about 15 minutes in order to make the new flight and they closed the doors behind us. During this alternate flight, the electronic entertainment system went out and had to be rebooted. After we got on the final flight going home from Washington, the steward said there would be a delay until extra generators could be accessed as their generator(s) had stopped working. By this time any mention of an electrical/power issue was very unwelcome!!
We made it home by midnight. United did offer a $200 eCredit per person as compensation for the hassle of the diverted flight and they did this without being asked!

1  Thank ddjd811
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We were invited to teach at a great Summer Camp at Shanghai, and travel with my US students. On the returned fly, there were a female fly attendant was very rude to yell at one of my young female students with the finger point at my student in public "You don't belong to this business class, go back immediately" just because my student went to Business Class to visit a friend. This ill mannered act was not acceptable, I went to talk to the fly attendant, she was still using the harsh language to me. I have to call the crew leader to report this incident. The leader apologized, but we never receive the official letter report as he promised.
ie this should deserve the :The Friendly Flying Sky?