“Excellent Customer Service”
Review of Rex Airlines

Reviewed 22 March 2024

In a fluster and rush to catch my flight I accidentally left my laptop at Gate 12 in Adelaide. By the time I landed in Melbourne, Rex staff had rung me & left messages to let me know that they had it safe and sound. They offered to send it on the next flight to Melbourne, I requested they hold on to it for me in Adelaide. I was only going for a day for business. When I arrived back to Gate 12 in Adelaide, they knew exactly who I was and returned my laptop to me in perfect condition.
Thank you for the excellent Customer Service from the Adelaide & Melbourne Rex team members.

• Check-in and boarding
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2024

Dear Kristin,

Thank you for your positive feedback with us.

We truly appreciate your support for sending this here in Trip Advisor as well.

We look forward to see you soon on our flights!

Reviewed 19 March 2024

We have flown Rex a few times now and i cannot fault them
Left on time arrived on time with minimal fuss
The cabin crew went out of their way to make the flight enjoyable
I think other domestic carriers could learn from Rex about service and flights leaving and arriving on time
Well done REX

• Check-in and boarding
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2024

Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor.

One of the details which set us apart from other airlines, is the extra level of personable detail that comes from a heritage of country service and friendliness.

We look forward to maintaining our commitment of excellence in customer service and reliability the next time you choose to fly with Rex.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2024

Flew business class (won’t let me select that above) from Brisbane to Sydney on the 10.03.24.
Having only been on a plane once before as a child I’ve not got much to compare it to.

However, I’d like to point out the absolute abysmal check in services at Brisbane airport. The self check in kept erroring and there was no Rex check in attendant, only one from Virgin who shoed us onto the serviced check in area at the back.
Shoved around the back past all the other airlines, the time it took to get through 5 people was crazy. They kept trying to tell everyone that we needed to go manually check in our bags, which wasn’t working!
We were informed when we got there that we had $15 vouchers each to use at a number of the cafes upstairs as we had booked business class, and had no lounge to use in Brisbane.
Awesome, a freebie I wasn’t expecting, but also didn’t get to use because check in took so long (40 minutes!).
Upon entering the plane I noticed I had tonnes of leg room in the very front business class seat (enough I could fully extend my legs and just be touching the wall with my shoe).
The customer service was amazing, staff friendly, and we did leave on time. We actually arrived 10 minutes earlier than expected. Score. 2 planes in my life, both earlier arrival than expected.
The assortments of food was many, especially for a 1.5 hour flight. Snacks, meals, drinks. Crazy!

I will note that the cleanliness was…lacking. There was crumbs in the storage area beside the seats, the electric foot rest kind of worked in my seat, didn’t work on my husbands, and stopped working in the extended position for the people across from us.
The grime built up beside the seat and the wall, as well as the windows was very gross. I’m not sure if this is normal or not, but it was very gross to me.
The charging ports in our seats didn’t work, or in any of the business class seats for the matter.

For me, the flight wasn’t so bad, but I’d probably not use them again. I’m incredibly anxious at the thought of flying and booked the business class seats so I’d be less stressed, and have a smooth check in/boarding process, but the entire before boarding check in and cleanliness, or lack of in the plane, made me feel a bit off put.

Should I ever fly again, I might try one of the other two domestic flights in business class and report back here any differences.

• Check-in and boarding
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2024

Dear Mr No,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are deeply saddened to hear that your experience with us did not meet the high level of service and comfort we strive for, booking our business class option.

If you wish for your matter to be further investigated, please kindly visit our website and fill in a feedback form at https://rex.com.au/FeedBack/Default.aspx

Once again, we apologise for your experience and we do hope that you will give Rex another opportunity to demonstrate the service levels we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed 17 March 2024

Had a wedding in Canberra to go to, sick of the other two idiot airlines in Australia. So in the interests of furthering competition we decided to try Rex. Travelling on a 737 , so basically the same as Qantas or Virgin, but No. 1 in terms of price, reliability, and on time performance. We were absolutely blown away how much better the service is. Do yourself a favour and give them a go, can’t recommend them enough!

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your compliments to Rex.

We are grateful to hear that you find our service exceptional, and that we were part of your journey to this event you are to attend.

We are truly grateful that you have taken the time to submit your review here on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your support and we also hope to see you on board a Rex flight in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2024

I live in USA and have used Rex over the years when I visit my sister in Perth and then need to get to Albany to see my folks.

Typically, their website simply doesn't work. I don't know how else to say it, but the last 4 times I've flown with them, it takes 3 or 4 tries on a computer or phone to get the site to actually book a ticket. Most times it throws an error message.

This last time, March 2024, it threw an error 4 times. I asked my sister to try, it threw an error twice for her.

Imagine our horror to discover that Rex had charged us each time. I have 4 ticket charges on my card. My sister has 2. Rex never sent an email confirmation saying the ticket was booked, just an error message on the website and a charge on our cards.

We are both chasing Rex to refund. They gave the usual meaningless, 'sorry for the inconvenience.' They made me fill out a form and now the refund will take 14 - 21 business days which is an absurdly long time for a credit card refund.

I am now trying to get them to refund my rental car and petrol. Good luck with that.

Rex Air is a national airline. This is borderline fraudulent behaviour on their part. It cost me a lot of money and time.

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has resulted to your travel. We understand that you have lodged an online feedback via our website. Please be advised that our dedicated team are looking into this accordingly.

Kind Regards,

The Rex Team

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.