“Great airline”
Review of Rex Airlines

Reviewed 4 March 2024

We have flown with REX a number of times and never disappointed! Check-in is easy and boarding smooth. The seats are of generous size.
The inflight coffee and snacks were good.
Will fly with them again.

• Check-in and boarding
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2024

Dear Adventurers049,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted to hear of your compliments with regards to your travels with us. At Rex, we are particularly proud of our commitment to providing exceptional service at every step of our customer’s journey.

We are excited to see you soon on board our flights!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2024

On February 29th, I purchased a last-minute ticket for the 7:30 flight. However, I did not receive an email invoice for this transaction. To my dismay, upon checking my bank statement, I discovered that I have been charged three times for this booking. The tickets were quoted at $259 x 2, totaling $518. Yet, I have been charged two transactions of $262 and then one transaction of $518.

I had already contacted your customer service over the weekend and spoke with Mikey on Saturday regarding this matter. However, the response I received was far from satisfactory. Mikey did not display any sense of accountability or remorse for the situation. Additionally, when I requested an email correspondence summarizing our conversation, I was denied this simple request

This experience has left me deeply disappointed and has shattered my trust in this company. It is unacceptable to double charge customers, show no accountability for errors, and neglect to provide essential documentation

1  Thank Alisha M
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2024

Dear Alisha,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We understand that our Customer Contact Centre have contacted you in this regard and was able to correct the technical error experienced. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2024

One of the airline's luggage collection staff member at gold coast airport placed a identification tag on a part of our pram that needed to be taken off so it wouldn't get damaged during the flight. I told her this but she refused to print a new tag (it couldn't be moved without tearing it).
That part of the pram was broken during the flight. At the destination airport Rex did not have any staff available at their counter, so I could not show them the damage, but I took photos, which were provided to Rex the following day.
It's now been 3 months and Rex continue to refuse to accept responsibility for the actions of their staff, and the damage caused to the pram.
I have never experienced an airline to be so untrustworthy and will not fly with them again. I will advise people to avoid the airline wherever possible.
Side note, the aircraft did not have air conditioning and it was the middle of summer. Just a shonky airline all around.

Date of travel: November 2023
1  Thank Ryan R
Reviewed 3 March 2024

Rex Airlines operate many services in Australia, including truck routes and regional services. There is one route which is quite unique, it is a service which runs from Brisbane to Mount Isa. The 'mik run' service connects rural communities in Queensland and operates the 1560km route twice a week using Saab 340 aircraft and has 7 stops enroute, journey time 9h15.

Boarding started about 10 minutes before departure time. There was a good welcome onboard, the aircraft was in good condition and the seats were comfortable with a good amount of legroom.

The flight departed Brisbane slightly behind schedule, service from the one crew member was excellent. On the longer sectors tea/coffee and snacks were brought round.

Some stops were short and passengers were asked to stay on the plane whilst a couple of the larger airports had good facilities and everyone onboard could disembark whilst the aircraft was refuelled. Charleville had a good cafe and there was an extended stop of 40 minutes to take advantage.

There were storms enroute so there were some diversions as well as a downpour at Windorah so the flight was around 30 minutes delayed on arrival into Mount Isa which was fine considering the distance and the weather conditions.

It was a fantastic experience travelling on the 'milk run' to Mount Isa. Hugely impressed with Rex Airlines and the friendly crew.

73  Thank paullegate

Dear Paul,

Thank you for sending through your compliment for our Milk Run service.

Your comments were truly appreciated and we are proud to hear that it has been an awesome experience for you. We are happy to inform you that these has been shared with our colleagues to further emphasize their good work.

We are grateful for your support and we look forward to have you on board our flights in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2024

Following on from my previous post I have now had a response from Rex regarding my baggage that was removed from a flight and placed onto another flight to a completely different destination.

The company accept fault of one of its staff whilst also contradicting itself and saying my bag was removed from flight for weight despite my bag being 18kg and under the limit.

How was it that my bag was sent to brisbane instead of port lincoln and not remaining in adelaide if it was for weight? Had my bag been removed for weight purposes it could have been returned on a later flight that evening instead i had to wait longer for it to come back from brisbane.

How is it that the company fail to accept responsibility whilst also admitting it was a staff issue.

The company lie, cheat and steal and are by far the worst airline I have ever dealt with

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank Z2696LFchristopherg
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.