“Terrible customer service and aircraft maintenance”
Review of Rex Airlines

Reviewed 4 March 2024

One of the airline's luggage collection staff member at gold coast airport placed a identification tag on a part of our pram that needed to be taken off so it wouldn't get damaged during the flight. I told her this but she refused to print a new tag (it couldn't be moved without tearing it).
That part of the pram was broken during the flight. At the destination airport Rex did not have any staff available at their counter, so I could not show them the damage, but I took photos, which were provided to Rex the following day.
It's now been 3 months and Rex continue to refuse to accept responsibility for the actions of their staff, and the damage caused to the pram.
I have never experienced an airline to be so untrustworthy and will not fly with them again. I will advise people to avoid the airline wherever possible.
Side note, the aircraft did not have air conditioning and it was the middle of summer. Just a shonky airline all around.

Date of travel: November 2023
1  Thank Ryan R

Reviewed 3 March 2024

Rex Airlines operate many services in Australia, including truck routes and regional services. There is one route which is quite unique, it is a service which runs from Brisbane to Mount Isa. The 'mik run' service connects rural communities in Queensland and operates the 1560km route twice a week using Saab 340 aircraft and has 7 stops enroute, journey time 9h15.

Boarding started about 10 minutes before departure time. There was a good welcome onboard, the aircraft was in good condition and the seats were comfortable with a good amount of legroom.

The flight departed Brisbane slightly behind schedule, service from the one crew member was excellent. On the longer sectors tea/coffee and snacks were brought round.

Some stops were short and passengers were asked to stay on the plane whilst a couple of the larger airports had good facilities and everyone onboard could disembark whilst the aircraft was refuelled. Charleville had a good cafe and there was an extended stop of 40 minutes to take advantage.

There were storms enroute so there were some diversions as well as a downpour at Windorah so the flight was around 30 minutes delayed on arrival into Mount Isa which was fine considering the distance and the weather conditions.

It was a fantastic experience travelling on the 'milk run' to Mount Isa. Hugely impressed with Rex Airlines and the friendly crew.

Date of travel: February 2024
73  Thank paullegate
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2024

Dear Paul,

Thank you for sending through your compliment for our Milk Run service.

Your comments were truly appreciated and we are proud to hear that it has been an awesome experience for you. We are happy to inform you that these has been shared with our colleagues to further emphasize their good work.

We are grateful for your support and we look forward to have you on board our flights in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2024

Following on from my previous post I have now had a response from Rex regarding my baggage that was removed from a flight and placed onto another flight to a completely different destination.

The company accept fault of one of its staff whilst also contradicting itself and saying my bag was removed from flight for weight despite my bag being 18kg and under the limit.

How was it that my bag was sent to brisbane instead of port lincoln and not remaining in adelaide if it was for weight? Had my bag been removed for weight purposes it could have been returned on a later flight that evening instead i had to wait longer for it to come back from brisbane.

How is it that the company fail to accept responsibility whilst also admitting it was a staff issue.

The company lie, cheat and steal and are by far the worst airline I have ever dealt with

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank Z2696LFchristopherg
Reviewed 1 March 2024

On my flight today we where served by a flight attendant called Mike. Unbelievable, customer service, we sat and was entertained as he managed to personalise each guest as they entered the plane. Then we where lucky enough to have him as our flight steward. Genuine customer service with a smile. As my husband said 'what's there not to like about this airline' Oh, the food was great too!

Date of travel: March 2024
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2024

Dear L5287LXsarahs,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful journey with us. We are proud to hear our Flight Attendant, Mike, was able to offer excellent in-flight services. At Rex, we are particularly proud of our team’s commitment to providing exceptional service at every step of our customer’s journey.

Thank you for your support, we look forward to welcoming you on board in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2024

Rex staff continually surprise me with their friendly manner and solution based customer service.
This week another airline stopped me at the gate to say even though I had booked in online, they couldn’t let me on the flight even though staff were still closing the door etc.

Rex took the booking, whilst boarding and held the gate, printed my ticket and had me on the flight with minutes to spare.

Great service, I want to do all of my domestic flying with this airline!

Date of travel: February 2024

Dear FarAway10266690907,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful that our customer service have exhibited positive feedback and that you have felt the passion of our service to our customers.

We look forward to maintaining our commitment of excellence in customer service and reliability the next time you choose to fly with Rex.

Kind Regards,

The Rex Team

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.