“WORST COMPANY EVER”
Review of Rex Airlines

Reviewed 2 March 2024

Following on from my previous post I have now had a response from Rex regarding my baggage that was removed from a flight and placed onto another flight to a completely different destination.

The company accept fault of one of its staff whilst also contradicting itself and saying my bag was removed from flight for weight despite my bag being 18kg and under the limit.

How was it that my bag was sent to brisbane instead of port lincoln and not remaining in adelaide if it was for weight? Had my bag been removed for weight purposes it could have been returned on a later flight that evening instead i had to wait longer for it to come back from brisbane.

How is it that the company fail to accept responsibility whilst also admitting it was a staff issue.

The company lie, cheat and steal and are by far the worst airline I have ever dealt with

Date of travel: December 2023
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Z2696LFchristopherg

Reviewed 1 March 2024

On my flight today we where served by a flight attendant called Mike. Unbelievable, customer service, we sat and was entertained as he managed to personalise each guest as they entered the plane. Then we where lucky enough to have him as our flight steward. Genuine customer service with a smile. As my husband said 'what's there not to like about this airline' Oh, the food was great too!

Date of travel: March 2024
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2024

Dear L5287LXsarahs,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful journey with us. We are proud to hear our Flight Attendant, Mike, was able to offer excellent in-flight services. At Rex, we are particularly proud of our team’s commitment to providing exceptional service at every step of our customer’s journey.

Thank you for your support, we look forward to welcoming you on board in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2024

Rex staff continually surprise me with their friendly manner and solution based customer service.
This week another airline stopped me at the gate to say even though I had booked in online, they couldn’t let me on the flight even though staff were still closing the door etc.

Rex took the booking, whilst boarding and held the gate, printed my ticket and had me on the flight with minutes to spare.

Great service, I want to do all of my domestic flying with this airline!

Date of travel: February 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment

Dear FarAway10266690907,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful that our customer service have exhibited positive feedback and that you have felt the passion of our service to our customers.

We look forward to maintaining our commitment of excellence in customer service and reliability the next time you choose to fly with Rex.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2024

I booked a flight and have found the service to be the most unhelpful I have had, I am not being provided a voucher as cannot attend flight and understand can’t have refund although have now lost $578! Worst service I have encountered, i had discovered my error once I organised car hire and no drop off point in Esperance & reason I needed to cancel, absolutely disgusted

Date of travel: January 2024
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2024

Dear Y4270XEangelaf,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.

Please be advised that we strive to provide an extra level of service, across all our customer interactions and it is disappointing to hear that you felt we were unable to provide such service on this occasion.

If you haven’t already, you may opt to lodge feedback via our website (https://rex.com.au/FeedBack/Default.aspx) along with your booking details, and our dedicated team will attend to your concern.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2024

I would like to send a big thank you to the staff of Rex Airlines for the service I received from them at Sydney and Wagga airports. My wife and I were returning to our home near Wagga after I had been in St Vincents hospital for a triple bypass heart operation. When we presented at the Rex check in I handed the Rex staff member a certificate from the hospital giving me a clearance to be able to fly. The check in staff member read the paperwork and asked what procedure I had gone through and then picked up a phone and spoke to someone before pointing out a row of seats for us to go and sit at until a wheelchair was brought over to us. We were then taken through the security area and advised to go down in a lift to proceed to the Rex departure lounge G2. We were approached by a male Rex staff member who gave us instructions of what to do when the boarding announcement was made. We were met at the departure gate by the male staff member who spoke to us earlier and escorted to a car to be taken out to our flight as normally passengers are bussed to the aircraft. When we arrived at the aircraft Rex staff had a lift waiting for us as they didn't expect me to climb the steps to load. The flight to Wagga was an enjoyable one with plenty of leg room on the Saab aircraft. When we landed at Wagga the ground crew had another lift waiting for us to be taken off the plane. I must stress that there had been no request from the hospital or myself for this extra service to be supplied, it was all done by the wonderful staff employed by Rex Airlines. Thanks again for the great service.

Date of travel: December 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2024

Dear terreys2019,

We truly appreciate you writing in your compliments here in Trip Advisor as well.

Kind Regards,

The Rex Team

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.