“Bloody awful”
Review of Rex Airlines

Reviewed 21 January 2024

We have travelled with Rex quite a few times and have normally been really happy with their service until recently. Travelling in business class is no longer worth the money that you pay. It's not even worth paying an additional $5.
The food is absolute rubbish, and that's being honest. We hoped that our return flight would have been better but it was even worse. There were very few people on this flight, so Rex can't say that they were busy. Only 8 seats are located in their business class section, so you are usually treated very well, but not on this trip. We were offered a drink of orange juice before departure, but that was it, no more drinks at all, not even a cup of water, yet the people next to us were happily sipping away on bottles of wine provided by Rex.
The on board staff may have been very friendly at first, but their service was non existant, absolute rubbish.
We will never ever fly with Rex ever again. NEVER.

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank Darren B
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2024

Dear C1358JCdarrenb,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.

One of the things that we strive for is to provide an extra level of service, including that personal detail stemming from our heritage of good old-fashioned country service and friendliness. It is thus disappointing to hear that you felt we were unable to provide such service on this occasion.

You may submit feedback on our website via our Feedback Form (https://rex.com.au/FeedBack/Default.aspx) along with details regarding the flights so that we may investigate your case.

Reviewed 19 January 2024

FLIGHT WAS 2 HOURS LATE AND THE COMPANY GAVE 0 SATISFACTION OR ANY NEWS TO THE COSTUMERS WAITING! COMPANY DID NOT EXPLAIN THE REASON FOR THE DELAY AND KEPT LYING ABOUT THE “expected flight departure”

1  Thank Carolina S

Dear carolinas06934HJ,

Reviewed 18 January 2024

I can not get a response! I am a frequent flyer. I thought I would try Rex airlines. I had to cancel a trip to Melbourne to visit my sick grandmother. I unfortunately had to cancel because I contracted Covid. I was told that I would be refunded with 3 weeks. I am still waiting more than a month later. I keep getting the same response from Rex that it was processed. My bank says it has not been refunded. I keep going around in circles! Never again Rex airlines. Shame on you and your disgusting customer service.

Date of travel: December 2023
2  Thank Michael L

Dear michaellX8555TP,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.

Please be advised that your case has been raised with the relevant parties for escalation. I offer you our assurance that your concerns have been registered and your case is currently being reviewed as a priority.

We will endeavour to provide an outcome as soon as possible.

Reviewed 18 January 2024

I am so upset with Rex airlines.I booked my ticket online yesterday at 8.05am Wednesday the 17th January Perth to Albany (home) I had chosen a seat 2c paid via credit card was done and dusted so I thought well I was wrong i arrived at the airport and went through emails to find my e ticket and couldn't find it proceeded to check out went to a rex staff member still had 30 minutes to board but by the time we ended our conversation I was told i was 3 minutes to late what a ........ joke people.. I was then informed that someone would be back at the checkout point at 5pm... I understand that I made the mistake but i had no luggage to check in just my hand bag and a lap top. I had to then hire a car one way to Albany 4.5 hour drive so I could make it to work the next morning. There was no compassion shown by rex staff I was classed as a no show....What has happened to helping people out and being an Australian...

1  Thank Amanda B

Dear T4776ZMamandab,

Reviewed 15 January 2024

Flew Rex for first time n couldn't fault them. We're after the basics - safe flight on time with clean surrounds n courteous staff. Delivered in spades n more n great value 4 $. Was upgraded to Business Class for unknown reason but would have given same review in Economy.

• Check-in and boarding
RexAirlines, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2024

Dear Percyq111,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful for your compliments. We really appreciate your comments since one of the things we strive to do is to provide that extra level of service, including the personal attention stemming from our heritage of good old-fashioned country service and friendliness.

Please be advised that we have shared your feedback to the relevant departments for awareness.

You may also submit feedback on our website via our Feedback Form (https://rex.com.au/FeedBack/Default.aspx) along with details regarding the flights so that we can know more about your experience.

The Rex Team

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.