“Just like a budget airline”
Review of Xiamen Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just like a budget airline, only different is they serve food but no entertainment.

You just want to board and hope that they flies on time.

The seat might be too narrow for taller guys, cause I felt my backside be tickled a few times during flight and the back of my head strike when he gets in after going to the toilet.

Date of travel: October 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently used this airline for all four legs of our China trip and can only give it thumbs up: great service, reasonable food, comfortable (for economy) seats and excellent on board entertainment. Only little hiccup was extremely slow domestic check in in Chongqing.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had not flown with this airline before, but was unable to utilize my return ticket with another airline, had to arrange alternative arrangements. I was blown away with the attitude and smiles of the staff/crew and their professionalism.

The flight was so good. There was pretty good leg-room, the plane was modern and very clean and the food (for airplane food) was quite good. The level of service was very, very good and so attentive.

I was most impressed and I am certain I will fly with this airline again.

The only recommendation I would make to them, is allow me to be booked all the way through my journey as they delay in getting fresh boarding pass in Fuzhou was a nuisance.

Overall, a very pleasant experience

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

In my entire life of flying cheap, this is the first airline to ever make me cry, out of frustration and feeling beaten up. Not once, but twice.

DEPARTURE FLIGHT:

Booked a trip from Sydney - Fuzhou (transit) - Kunming. I arrived at Sydney airport only to find out that my Fuzhou - Kunming has been changed (amusingly and amazingly) to earlier than my flight from Sydney.

Talked to service desk, couldn't help, gave me a number to call. Called all the numbers he gave, none worked. Went on google and called the number online.

They speak Chinese in their automate voicing system. I had to get the Chinese guy from the service desk to go through it for me.

Got to a guy (from India judging by accent). He was so slow and gentle (my flight was in 2h).

He tried to book my connecting flight 2 days later. I was crying so much, begging him that we have schedules booked and everyone will leave me behind. I don't speak Chinese and I don't know anyone.

Finally managed to find me a flight the next morning. Put me on hold. Came back half an hour later saying their system crashed. Told me he couldn't help anymore, and that I have to hang up and call back and go through the line again. It was 1h before my flight and I still couldn't get my flight confirmed.

I was crying so much that the Chinese guy at the service desk told me to charge some international calling on my phone and then he helped me call the airline in China.

They got it sorted out in like 15min.

I went through everything, got to the gate and my flight was annouced delay.

RETURN FLIGHT:

Went to the airport at 4am for my flight back at 7am. The girl at check in counter gave me 5 words of horror : "We can't find your flight"

Turned out flight was cancelled (ah yes again) and have to take the one 5 hours later.

Fine. Waited a few hours, went to check in again. This time there were 5 other words of horror: "Your passport number is incorrect."

Uhm... Sorry?

Double checked my booking. My passport was entered correctly.

So imagine being by yourself, running around China airport trying to get this sorted when they don't speak English.

No, seriously, save yourself the trouble and never fly with this airline. They will f*ck up your life not once but twice.

No matter how good their in-flight service is, it can't compensate all the time and emotions I have wasted on this.

Never again. Period.

I'm cheap but this is way beyond imagination. I am now making sure non of my friends or family is flying with them.

3  Thank Icey L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Got a super cheap return flight AMS-CGK-AMS for only EUR317.
Thought it would be a horrible flight as I had to transit in Xiamen for 27 hours!
Turned out it was such a pleasant flight. Good food, spacious seat, helpful flight attendant. The only disaster was the self check in Xiamen..... and got no free hotel for such a long transit.
For a good price, it‘s a good choice