“Good and relaxed travel”
Review of Xiamen Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was on a business trip and had to go from Shanghai to Xiamen. Took the easy route via metro 2 from downtown to Hongqiao airport.

checkin, security, boarding all as usual. Departure was delayed by 25 minutes, however, we still made it on time to Xiamen.

Good experience, reasonable prices - solid performance.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had never heard of this airline when I booked my flight from Los Angeles to Bangkok, then I read the reviews after booking. I was completely stressed when I read all of the negative reviews and wanted to switch airlines. I have to say I don't understand all of the negative reviews because my experience was the complete opposite. We boarded the plane in L.A. with ease and within a hour of the flight they were serving us a complete tasty dinner. During the entire flight we got served 4 meals and each was excellent. The flight attendants were very polite, professional and attentive, although their English wasn't the best.

You're not allowed to use your phones at all, even to listen to music, but they did provide inflight music and movies. Although most of the music was foreign and the movies were older but it's no big deal because we just watched what they had and it was fine

The only negative is when you arrive in Xiamen, China you have to go through Customs and clear immigration again. The process ran pretty smoothly but it did take about 2 hours so make sure you have plenty of time in between flights.

I'll definitely fly with them again and for the price I was very pleased.

2  Thank sharper94
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Osaka airport was closed for many days due to typhoon damage. The airline cancelled flights without communicating any alternatives. Some representatives lied to us and told us that they could not fly us to another airport in Japan and that our tickets would be refunded instead. Presumably we would then be stranded in China. After spending five hours talking to many different people at the airport we were finally put on a flight to Tokyo. On the way back, the same experience. If you want to fly with an unorganised airline and have no idea whether you will reach your destination or not, then I can strongly recommend Xiamen Air.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service I received was truly magnificent. 787-9 truly a great aircraft. The crew were remarkable even if their English ability was sometimes very poor. I had a welcome drink, a Chinese breakfast, newspapers and magazines. Everything I could have wished for. Here HGH airport let me down..no wheelchair but one of the stewardess went and found a wheel chair, took me through the airport herself, collected my bags and took me to a taxi. She was also on a short turnaround back to PEK. Nothing was too much trouble. I will remember her for ever. Thank you Xiamen Air.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Seattle flies directly to Shenzhen.
You don't need to transfer from Hong Kong as before. The Xiamen Airlines Boeing 787 Dreamliner is flying. Compared with the old Delta and Lufthansa, the experience of taking the flight is more comfortable, and the flight attendant is more pleasing to the eye!

1  Thank szlghq