“Good service ”
Review of Xiamen Airlines

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I did 2 international and 3 domestic flights in China over the past 2 weeks. The staff were very friendly and helpful with questions. The service on the planes were excellent. They kept the restrooms clean, and on a 14 hour flight that is a plus.
The food was good.

1  Thank wolf3728

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Flying on this airline 2nd time. Overall found this a good experience inspite of the delayed departure. Very neat and clean inside and efficient and curteous Flight attendants. Enjoyed a nice in flight meal of Chicken and Rice which was somewhat unexpected as i anticipated pork or beef. Was welcome. Ground handling and baggage clearance was pretty quick.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

We used Xiamen Airlines for our return trip to Changsha. The planes were spotless and the cabin crew very friendly and helpful. Planes were on time and landed on time too. Will use again.

1  Thank bob19472016
Reviewed 7 September 2018

After reading a ton of bad review on Google, I am adding another review sadly to confirm how bad their services are.
1. I tried calling different time to ask their agent if I need a visa to transit in Xiamen for 3.5hours. Their agents are trained to divert any visa questions, they said they cannot answer visa questions.
2. When I Google Chinese consulate in LA, after calling for 45 min,1 lady finally pick up the phone, who said I should call long distance to China Xiamen airport's custom office because the LA Consulate only process visa!!!
3, So I called long distance to Xiamen airport custom, someone who pick up the phone in Xiamen and ask me to call back during normal business hours.
4, They only speak Chinese, which i don't have any problem with.

In summery, why should anyone has to call to so many places just to find out if they need a visa just for 3.5 hours to transit thru Xiamen Airport? Why can't they just spelled it clearly how to apply for a transit visa? I thought I got a cheap flight, but I neve rwant to ever fly Xiamen airline
I wonder when will Xiemen Airline know why they need to sell super low fair to fill out their planes when they cannot even do the most basic thing to allow passenger have a smooth transit??? Maybe they just want to sell you a new ticket when you are stuck? The only reason I give it a try was the arrival time is not middle of the night at my destination.
Avoid this airline, don't take a chance to ruin your journey.

2  Thank s w
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I was a lil bit skeptical at the beginning due the amount of negative comments around the internet but I decided to take the risk considering the budget difference between this airline and other ones were huge. My first reaction when I saw the gate at LAX was like ok... I screwed this up. It was like a basement gate completely different than the regular ones but once we got to the airplane things were different. The airplane is pretty comfortable, staff super friendly. They served like 3 or 4 meals, they even have a menu with western options. Hot facial towels... let me tell you this airline nailed it. When we landed I knew what to expected cause I read a lot of reviews. The xiamen airport doesn't has a transit area so you basically need to go through immigration and customs and then enter again at the second floor...yes...you read it right. But is ok. Be prepare to know that there is wifi but it only works if you have a "we chat" account, my suggestions is download the app at home, because it asks you for a code that is sent via text sms, once you have the app running you will be able to get online but don't get too excited...no Whatsapp, no IG, no FB...remember is China. On my way back I had an 8 hours layover and for my surprise they had 3 free options for those with more than a 2 hours layover. 1) a hotel room 2) a transfer lounge and 3) a 1 hour city tour...I took this last one. The bus will pick you up at the second floor door 12 and it runs every hour. Be ready to be asked to leave the bus after 3 or 4 stops...then you will take another bus that will finish the tour and it will drop you at the airport. I didn't go out of the bus but apparently you can do it. will definitely fly with this airline again!

Date of travel: August 2018