“1st travel experience with Wizz Air”
Review of Wizz Air

Reviewed 10 November 2018

Pay for the extra legroom seats. I got a standard seat at the back of the plane. Despite being only1.77m tall, I felt very cramped. OK flight and staff.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,279)

Reviewed 10 November 2018

I did not enjoy the flight as the boarding process was chaotic, including waiting in a hot crowded holding area for a bus to the plane, waiting on the bus, and needing to climb down and up stairs with bags. The seats are quite hard and uncomfortable with minimal leg room and no reclining. There is no inflight entertainment and no charging port. If you want water, coffee or a snack bring your own as nothing on board is free. In contrast to the above comments, the price is cheap, and the plane was clean and appeared modern. So as long as you downwardly adjust your expectations, this is not a bad flight to take. I would not take WizzAir on a long flight.

Reviewed 10 November 2018

My first flight ever with Wizzair had severe delays that got me arriving at Luton airport at a time when there was no frequent public transport to London, forcing me to take a Cab which got me home after 3:00am. When I received an email notifying me of delays on another flight at the same time and with the same origin/destination, I imagined the same nightmare.

The email gave me a few different options on how to deal with the delay, one of which was to rebook my flight.

The instructions given on their email on how to rebook my flight were simply not available on their website, and I was sent through this "catch 22" hell of actions leading to the same requests.

So I called their "premium" customer service number (I suspect this meant I was paying for the call), and after 10min of waiting, I was hung up on. Their profile on Facebook has no way of contacting them, and their "contact us" button on their website, warns me it might take them up to 30 days to reply to my message.

In these days, before you buy airplanes, you should really ensure you have your website sorted and fully functional and that your customers can reach out to you. I've wasted a few hours already re-reading instructions on their email on what I can do and nothing seems to work! I understand that low cost airlines means no frills, but the inability to carry information through from an email to the website is unacceptable! I have just under a week to to try to resolve this issue before my flight, but with a full time job and a life, it's difficult to be eternally on hold on the phone and paying for it!

2  Thank JoyNation
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Poor business practices
Will end up more expensive than an established competitor
Very dirty planes (mine also smelly)

Hope the industry is not heading towards the same strategy, this is clearly the worst of worst charters (and you will have to pay for that hand luggage into the vault, even if it usually fits with the competitors out there)

4  Thank EdouardLavid
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

I usually fly a few times a year from Romania to different destinations,always low-cost. I tried a few carriers but if I can I usually stick to Wizzair. Very few screw ups,clean aircraft,welcoming crew.

And last night I was more pleasantly surprised given the situation. The destination airport was closed due to fog conditions,they had to land at Timisoara airport about 300 km away. At first I was skeptical that we would receive any proper assistance,especially since it was saturday morning at 1 am.

But,to be short,after some small initial confusion as to what should we do,in about 40 minutes every passenger who wanted it was taken to Continental hotel in the city(4 star) and with a very nice breakfast included for all.

Of course there were some passengers who just like to blame others ,especially the airline for the weather,the fact that we had to stay overnight,the fact that the check in at the hotel was slow (the hotel's fault),after they paid 20 euros for a ticket.

Check out was at 10 am,at 12 the buses arrived to take us to our initial destination.

It will take 4-5 ours,but hey,at least I slept well,ate well,and didn't feel at any time like cattle.

Go wizz!