“Bumpy ride”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 19 February 2019

It was a very bumpy ride home. Turbulence for half of the flight and then we had to circle the airport for over an hour before we could land, due to weather and fog. Not WestJets fault but not a fun ride home.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (11,705)

Reviewed 19 February 2019

Stay away from West Jet. They "say" they provide entertainment through West Jet connect however our laptop could not play any of the movies. The attendants could not help. Their response was " I am not tech savvy". If you are going to provide a service then your employees should have some knowledge of the product or service. Also the plane had approximately 200 people on it. It had 4 washrooms. Two at the front and two at the back. Apparently the first few rows of first class which was approximately 12 people have golden butts because they got to use the two washrooms at the front and the rest of the plane (the peasants) were not allowed to use the "golden" washrooms. The remaining 180 on board had to use the two washrooms at the back of the plane. Talk about discrimination!

1  Thank patricia318
Reviewed 19 February 2019

Fly Westjet from Kelowna to Las Vegas and conected through Calgary on the way there and Vancouver on the way back. Every flight was delayed due to weather (their reason). No snow in Kelowna but the flight was delayed as the plane we took was delayed an hour coming to Kelown. In Calgary we were delayed 2 hours as the crew were delayed coming in from the East. Got to Las Vegas 2 hours late so all of our arrangements were messed up. Coming home we were delayed just over an hour due to rain. Why a jet has an issue with rain is beyond me though? Finally arrived in Vancouver and was delayed 5 hours due to snow which was about snow in other places other then there as it snowed maybe an inch in the 5 hours. Finally made it home and was thankful we didn't have to spend a night at the airport. Westjet offered us nothing during any waits other then excuses.

Reviewed 19 February 2019 via mobile

I booked a Westjet vacation because usually Westjet is the best way to fly. They are normally reliable, friendly and provide excellent service. This trip however was disappointing for me. I researched everything before the flight and read how they now provide inflight entertainment through Westjet Connect. I told my friend to bring her tablet. I borrowed my daughter's new laptop because it is nice and small. Unfortunately the laptop could not play the movies so I had to watch on my phone. The flight attendants didn't know how to help and didn't seem to care. On our return flight,the attendants were grumpy and I got the feeling they really did not like their job. My friend agreed.

1  Thank Debby v
Reviewed 19 February 2019 via mobile

I have to say I reviewed my last months trip out of Nanaimo - Calgary to Saskatoon and had enjoyed it so much I decided to head to Toronto! Mistake I made was the one stop en route to Vancouver. It also was the best price so I selected that stop because in February the weather is unpredictable so selected a city that normally would be snow free. I got it wrong and the flight home was crazy! I got out of Toronto after I had my earlier flight cancelled due to poor weather which I understand. Got a later flight that was also delayed but was thankful to be on my way because of numerous cancellations all across Canada that day. The problem was in Vancouver! There just aren’t as frequent flights to Nanaimo so if you miss the 12:45 pm you wait until 9:35 pm. I arrived in Vancouver @ 4:50 pm. Glad to arrive and not upset to wait! No delay weather good and looking forward to returning flight to Nanaimo.
Ready to board @ 8:20 pm to which we then had 3 delays with the announcement saying our crew was in Prince George and that the plane there was late. Then it was announced that there were mechanical problems. Then we heard it had left. Then just after 11 the flight was cancelled! We were then to get our luggage and then be rescheduled on next day flights and hotel accommodations, food vouchers etc for passengers. While we waited almost an hour for our luggage the Prince George flight arrived and crew was there! The luggage from that flight was promptly delivered to the carousel we were waiting at for ours which had yet to arrive! It wasn’t until I got my luggage and went to rebook my flight etc when I found out that the crew had flown over there hours due to weather and flight delays and had been asked to take our flight but didn’t. They left!
So we were sent to hotels. Yes they did offer us excellent accommodation - I stayed at the Hilton! Got voucher for buffet and shuttles to and from airport. Thank you Westjet! But we were misinformed and lied to. Anyway it was what it was but I won’t go through Vancouver again due to the lack of connections to the island! Would have been better to pick Calgary as I can go to Comox or Nanaimo. There are way more connections and may have avoided the overnight and long layer in Vancouver!