“Westjet Premium needs some attention”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm a Westjet member, have a RBC Westjet credit card and fly Westjet premium as often as possible.

The staff are almost always very nice and helpful. The flight was pretty much on time and quite smooth. The hostess was attentive, offering drinks and snacks.

Sadly the food is consistently disappointing. I am lactose intolerant and have contacted the airline multiple times to have them offer just one non-dairy item. Invariable they suggest I bring my own food. Is it too much to ask them to leave cheese off one of their sandwiches or entrees. I was so pleased on the way home to find that there was a non-dairy entry, chicken with rise. By the time the hostess got to me, seat number 12 of 12 seats, they had already used up their 4 non-dairy entries. Sorry. How can they not allow for some dietary options. She suggested next time I choose 1A or C to get first choice of options. A vegetarian option would also cover non-dairy. I'm tired of paying for premium and not getting premium food.

Having said that the hostess really scoured the plane and offered me the cheese tray (LOL) but it did have some fruit and crackers on it and combined with the humus cracker snack it became my meal. The wine helped a lot!

Because Westjet does not tag the bags as priority as Air Canada and other airlines do your bags take just as long to get loaded off the plane. I understand that this sounds entitled but the point is Westjet is offering a premium service but really don't do much at their end to make it premium aside from larger seats and extra baggage. Recently in December we flew to Turks & Cacois on AC Rouge and their premium economy level of offerings was far superior to Westjet's. Warm cookies, separate washroom, priority tags and dietary restriction food options. Both airlines have excellent staff soit's really the amenities that differentiate their offerings.

I have two more Westjet flights this year, both to Jamaica, and after that I will decide if they actually warrant my loyalty.

2  Thank Runswithdolphins
Write a ReviewReviews (11,102)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You cannot book ant seats in advance from Cuba. There were three of us, we ended up in the last set of seat and were only together because someone kindly traded seats. Forget the connection in Toronto...because we couldn’t book seats we ended up all in the middle seat all over the plane. No sandwiches due to flight length, so starving by Toronto. Not to mention we had 1 1/2 layover, but just made it to the plane as it was boarding, due to delayed plane, delayed customs, another trip through security and unclear signage in Toronto and again no meal. There was no monitors or wi if from Toronto, thankfully none of us relied on the airline for entertainment. We fly WestJet a lot without issues, but this was the first time we tried WestJet Vacations and were not impressed.

1  Thank Julie-Ann D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great flight service was great ride was fast we arrived early. no complaints!! this trip the plane was not full so had a extra seat to stretch out on lol

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

WestJet's premium economy cabin is well worth the extra cost. The seats are roomy and very comfortable with plenty of leg room.
Flight service was very attentive and the food was outstanding considering usual airline fare.

1  Thank davurs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was worth the extra money to fly Premium Economy. The extra legroom, seat width, meal and drinks were nice, but not exactly cheap either.

Date of travel: March 2018