“From Yvr to Mexico City to Acapulco”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 18 April 2018

My father and I upgraded to plus seating for our trip to Acapulco through Mexico City The majority of the flight was awesome as we flew without turbulence or incident on the Company's newly added destination city. With good food choices and steady service, plus the added bonus of watching movies/tv on a personal tablet kept us fairly entertained on this 5.5 hour flight. We were a bit shell shocked at a very busy Mexico City Airport going through customs took awhile and with the transfer to Aca being in a different terminal we had some stress boil up.The second flight was with Aero Mexico and it was really short and painless, happily our luggage would meet us in Acapulco as scheduled. Everything was a breeze in Aca airport, taxi transfer not a problem. The return flight was very different, the gate was not posted on our tickets as we learned they announce this 55 minutes before depart. The signage at the Mexico City airport is not very good and in general the information booths were not pleasantly adept . We spent much time walking and walking to get better understanding of where to go. When we finally found the Westjet departure gate, we had issues with our upgrade to be ironed out. This took half an hour. During this fiasco, I noticed the flight crew had arrived and they were now standing with all of us passengers waiting for access to the plane. I am not sure what the delay was for them but our flight was delayed leaving on time as 2 girls unaccompanied by a parent were stopped from getting on the flight. As a teacher seeing these crying children caused me much pain. When we eventually were in the air instead of personal tablets, we had to be satisfied with the old back of the seat monitors to watch movie.
Anyways the flight was smooth with no in air incidents and while we arrived late we made it home safe and sound.

Date of travel: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (10,811)

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Kona to Regina required three flights – Kona to Vancouver, to Calgary and finally to Regina. All three planes were large, even for the Calgary to Regina segment. The flight from Kona to Vancouver was delayed a half hour which was fine. There isn’t much at Kona airport so at 11 p.m. all passengers can do is sit and wait for the call to board.
Seating was an issue when we checked in online the morning before our late departure. For the long overnight flight to Vancouver our family was not able to sit together. Snacks were served twice for this segment. I did not have the West Jet Ap so I tried to get some rest. Customs in Vancouver took an hour – for filling out declarations, going through customs, and security. The one hour flight from Vancouver to Calgary went smoothly but seating was tight with no elbow room at all. This time I was seated at the back. Since I was in an aisle seat again I had to shove my small carry on in the limited space under the seat in front of me. Very little wait time in Calgary. Flight from Calgary to Regina was an hour. This time our family sat together. There were tv screens on the back of the seats. They were unable to serve soda, only water, juice and snacks. Cabin pressure was not so great -- it took some time for the descent and landing -- and I experienced some pain in my ears. This was the only time in the entire trip that I had discomfort from the pressure.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Read 1st leg review.
WestJet 706 April 15th, Sunday.
Delightful Samara was our flight staff. Cheerful, smiling, friendly, accommodating.
Wonderful service attitude.
She deserves be congratulated for being an example of a perfect flight attendant.

Date of travel: April 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Flight was good. Departing from Winnipeg flight was delayed an hour. Full flight makes you feel like sardines in a tin can. Not a lot of elbow room. Upgraded to plus on the flight home.

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Flight was on time and we were off to our wonderful vacation. The flight crew was professional and helpful. We ended up having an extra seat empty on the way down and that made the flight so much more enjoyable. Thank you to all the flight crew.