“A Great Experience”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 3 June 2016

After arriving from Sydney Australia with Delta airlines and missing our connection because of deltas terrible service and not giving you enough time to make your connection. We where put on WestJet airlines to Vancouver BC. What a great experience from check in to the great flight crew they made our finally trip worth it. I always like to fly WestJet because there flight crews are usually great.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,693)

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Just pick WestJet. I travel and fly a lot and I am also a pilot. Over a year ago I switched to WestJet. So glad I did. No problems ever. Booking is simple. Staff are awesome, flight attendants go out of their way for you. Knock on wood, no lost baggage yet. The app works great, can watch shows or movies if I desire, food is good for thrifty airline, or bring your own if you want to. Sign up for the rewards program and reap the benefits.

1  Thank hacksawCanada
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Flew from Montego Bay to Toronto in Economy Class. Had my first mediocre experience with WJ. Crew were tired (yawning, teary eyed) upon take off. French Canadian crew were very 'Air Canada-esque' - brusque, doing bare minimum, no offer made or verbal incentive to purchase refreshments from the menu card - can only assume there was minimal stock left as this was a 'return' journey for the aircraft. Very disappointing leg to end a great vacation. However, all was not lost.
Upon boarding the Toronto to Calgary leg, the crew were local Calgarians. Whole different vibe to the flight. We were sat in the last row. Ahead of us sat approx. 50 high school kids returning from a school trip on this late-night flight home to Calgary. They were noisy and boisterous. I had engaged a crew member who was wonderful, and mentioned about our disappointing prior flight and the crew's lack-lustre interest in passengers. The next thing I knew, we were upgraded to the front of the cabin to 'Plus' for the entire journey!!! Certainly wasn't expecting that but what a wonderful surprise. Very grateful to the team for reaffirming my faith in WestJet. For us, it's WestJet all the way....

Reviewed 2 June 2016

The flight attendants and pilots had a sense of humour, the snacks were fine, the flight was short, and we received our luggage in record time. There were empty seats on our way down and all passengers were invited to change to an empty seat if desired, just prior to take-off. Bring your own entertainment for this flight on a propeller plane between Halifax and Boston. Try the restaurant Legal Sea foods Test Kitchen at Terminal A in Boston.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

My wife and I decided to fly Westjet to England from Vancouver in May of 2016 because to fares were very reasonable. We paid for seat upgrades and meals on top of the basic fare.

Pros: cheap, good seating configuration, good communication from Westjet, good paid meals, friendly service

Cons: flight delayed 2 hours both leaving Vancouver and returning from Gatwick, old airplanes, poor in flight entertainment, interior cabin shabby.

Our flight home from Gatwick was delayed as Westjet had to substitute an airplane from another airline. The seating configuration was different that resulted in some couples not being able to sit together. This plane again was old.

The old saying "that you get what you pay for" was very true for this trip.

2  Thank Andrew M