“Worst airline ever”
Review of Vueling Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

flight delayed by an hour at first, then 2, then 4, then cancelled. They have refused compensation saying it was out of their control, but they are hiding behind their T&Cs, surely pretty much every cancellation is out of their control?! Every other flight leaving London and every other flight arriving into Florence that day was fine. I think they sold a flight that never had the permission to use that particular flight path at that time.

They are not even refunding my flight?!! I've traveled the world on hundreds of airlines and have never experienced this. I will never use them again and would advise everyone to avoid them. There is a reason why their flights are often the cheapest! Spend the extra few £ on a flight that will actually fly!

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (18,597)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My first tie using this carrier and the flight was fine. Id use them again and recommend them. It was the cheapest flight we could find on short notice however I do not think it was as cheap as other budget airlines such as Ryan air. Just poor timing on our part. we caught this flight as our eurail pass didn't seem to work in Spain and Portugal. We realised later we were now stuck in Barcelona and had to bus back up to France for our eurail passes to work again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very poor experience with Vueling: 2:50 delay on a flight from Paris to Malaga on Oct 27th, hardly any information, and Vueling refuses any compensation (not even the 30€ extra we had to pay to the Airbnb owner for a check in at midnight), saying the delay was below 3 hours. A perfect example of creating customer frustration to save a few €. We need to avoid this kind of airline

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When we arrived at the gate for our 0500 flight the attendant informed us that our flight that was overbooked, and that they did not have seats for us. We did everything correctly, checking in and showing up at the gate on time. We traveled since 1800 the night before to ensure we were at your flight on time, and it is absolutely ridiculous that this occurred. We were promised a refund at this time. According to the legal paperwork we signed, each ticket we purchased will receive 250 euros in refund, but they attempted to refund us only 85 euros which did not make up for the inconvenience. The agent provided us no reasonable alternatives, saying we could either fly out late that night or pay 400 euros for a flight on another airline. We therefore had to scramble, without any help, to find another option which led to us paying 150 euros a piece for a new flight, spending the entire day at a layover in Dusseldorf Germany, and wasting an entire day of our four day vacation. Even after I provided my bank information they failed to refund the money so far, despite promising a few days.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I don‘t get why there are so many bad ratings for Vueling. I travel with them once a month and they are always on time and friendly. Sometimes we arrive 10 minutes earlier and also the customer service is great and they help if you have any doubts or problems.
That‘s why I gave a five-star rating

Date of travel: November 2018