“Good service”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 19 February 2019

Great service,friendly, food was okay In flight entertainment Leg room was acceptable,meals had variety but good.

1  Thank gregorygP3959WQ
Write a ReviewReviews (11,775)

Reviewed 19 February 2019

Great flight with excellent service . I was not feeling to well and the stewardesses did everything they could to make me comfortable . Food was very nice .

1  Thank golferstacey
Reviewed 19 February 2019

My fight journey was from Mumbai to JFK, New York with Virgin Atlantic. The connecting flight from Mumbai to London Heathrow was operated by Jet Airways. A day prior to my flight, I tried online web checkin. I could checkin on the virgin fight from LHR to JFK but I was unable to do so for the BOM to LHR flight as virgin redirected me to the Jet website and the Jet website said I cannot web checkin due to some issue of multiple bookings on same reference number. So I called up Jet and I was asked for my details and told that I am good to go, I need not try to web checkin and I was even given a seat number: 54A.

Come the fight day: I reached 3.5 hrs before departure time. On reaching the counter, I was told by Jet that I do not have a confirmed reservation and my booking is on control status and I need to contact Virgin for the same. I tried calling Virgin on all their numbers: India, UK, USA but none of them was reachable. I repeated requested Jet to help me and I told that I even have a seat number which was confirmed by a Jet representative just one day ago. They did not cooperate in any way, I was literally shooed away and asked to talk at the reservation desk.They did not even let me have my luggage looked at and I had to run all over the airport with my heavy suitcases.

Even at the reservation desk I did not find any help and I was in a complete state of panic. Finally, 20 mins before the luggage checkin counter was going to close, I went to the reservation desk with the intentions of buying a new ticket from BOM to LHR, when they took my passport, did something on their desktop and allowed me a boarding pass. I rushed through after checking my luggage and was just able to make it for the flight. I had no time to ask any questions or look into why something like this could have happened.

It's probably a matter of gross miscommunication between the two airlines and Virgin should have sorted this out as my entire booking was with them. Jet was also highly irresponsible for having confirmed my checkin and even giving my a seat number when in reality they were not going to let me on the flight under the excuse of "control status". I do not recommend anyone to book a flight journey which is partially operated by a separate airlines. I am glad I did not have a heart problem or I could have died from all the panic and running!

Date of travel: January 2019
2  Thank suyashns
Reviewed 18 February 2019

The team could not be more helpful, great to chat too, always willing to help. The stewardess actually went away and put together a bag of miniatures with a note to say thanks to a loyal passenger which was a wonderful gesture. The plane's are nice and roomy and I was lucky enough to get Upper Class return which is a superb service.

1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed 18 February 2019

Avery pleasant flight.Flight attendants most helpful.Cabin and seating very good.Was able to get a good nights sleep.Meals not up to usual Virgin standards.

1  Thank hymiezar