“Heathrow boarding was not up to Upper Class standards”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our return flight from London to Boston was somewhat spoiled by poor management of the crowds at the boarding gate. Arrival at Virgin's private Upper Class entrance at Heathrow is unsurpassed and the lounge is very comfortable. Our flight departure was delayed due to weather. When the gate was announced there was no private line for Upper Class and we had to wait in a chaotic queue. Luggage delivery at the Boston end was timely.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,300)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The outbound leg of our Virgin Atlantic flight from Boston to London was a a very pleasant experience. The Boeing 787 Dreamliner is the most comfortable plane to fly on, matched by excellent service in Upper Class. The crew turned our seats into beds as soon as they could to maximize our sleep time. However, the jet stream conspired to shorten our flight. Luggage arrive at Heathrow was very prompt.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having had just one too many bad experiences (and complete failure to accept and compensate) with BA, I decided to try Virgin to IAD and back from JFK this time.

First problem was at check-in (3 hours prior to flight) when the guy told us he couldn't seat us together or anywhere near each other. I protested that I'd reserved seats when I booked to which he said that they'd had to accommodate a family (?) but they'd try to sort it before we boarded and to see the staff at the gate. As a longtime BA user, I know this is a standard brush off from check-in, as never have I ever had such an issue corrected. Gate staff never know anything about it - which is exactly what happened here.

Idiotic situation at the gate. Two staff doing final check, and long queues, and no info about which class was supposed to be in which queue. We picked the shorter which was a mistake. Two passengers had arrived with too much baggage for carry-on, and the girl was trying to re-book it on the system but was absolutely CLUELESS. 15 minutes passed while she struggled on with no help, and no acknowledgement whatsoever to the waiting passengers behind. She deliberately avoided eye contact. Some Americans started to get very loud and vocal, and someone else appeared to check us. Sure enough, my partner was the opposite side and end of the cabin. There was no family in the seats I'd reserved.

Plane was a rather tired A330. Several complained their IE wasn't working properly - my earphones only worked in one ear. I thought the choice of viewing pretty dire, given Virgin's reputation. One of the toilets was out of order, so big queue the whole time. Food was very poor - a chicken-in-sauce thing that would have been fine with vegetarians, given the quantity of chicken. Whether it was to do with the kaput loo I know not, but the air quality seemed terrible - every so often it smelled foul, and then sickly as a freshener kicked in. My partner had a stinking cold two days after, and I guarantee he caught it on that plane.

So, no Virgin "magic" at all.

Return flight was a bit better. At check-in, the clerk disappeared to the Virgin info desk for a while - it seemed there was a seat problem again - when he returned, he'd given us the 2 seats I'd reserved on the outbound (side of bulkhead - nobody to side or behind, and more legroom). As they'd gone when I booked, I presume whoever reserved these was booted out like we were.

1  Thank Trevor G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

這是我第一次搭乘維珍航空公司。 我對这次整個體驗感到非常驚訝。 從我走進飛機的那一刻起,維珍的空服員微笑著非常熱情地歡迎我。 当走到我的座位上,飛機內的燈光與其他航空公司不同,獨特的設計風格展現了維珍航空公司品牌的樂趣和热情。 愛它。 這頓飯非常棒,還為您提供了Haagen Dazs冰淇淋。 確保您會喜歡他們的服務和飛行體驗。
It was my first time taking the Virgin airline. I was really surprised the whole experience. From the moment I walking into the plane, Virgin the flight attendant very passion to welcome me on board with a smile. Walking to my seat, the lighting inside the plane is different from other airlines, the unique style of design showed the Virgin airline of fun and passion of brand looked. Love it. The meals very great, also they provided the Haagen Dazs ice cream for you. For sure that you will love their service and in-flight experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm worth it. From being collected from home, to knowing that the same level of service was waiting for me when I returned home.
First Class was absolutely fabulous.
Chauffeur Driven, The Virgin Lounge, My own Individual Pod. Just fabulous