“Great service and food!”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I've flown several airlines and I would put Virgin Atlantic at the top of my list. I was in Upper Class and the service was superb. The food was also excellent, it tasted much more like restaurant food than the typical food you get from an airline. The flight attendants were all super friendly and continually checked on the passengers.

2  Thank R3770WEanthonyf
Write a ReviewReviews (10,038)

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We were not really looking forward to the 11 hr flight (12 hrs return) but we were pleasantly surprised. The flights were both on time and the service first class. Complimentary drinks and very good meals together with comfortable seats made a long journey bearable . The entertainment by way of excellent TV shows and new release films meant time literally flew by. First time with Virgin and will definitely be using them again.

2  Thank lespowell
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Once again Virgin disappoint me. Last year it was flying to JFK New York and this year Orlando International. The service from onboard staff was good but the food was a choice of pasta, sausage & mash and a curry & rice. By the time they got to row 42 there was only pasta and curry left, there were eight people in my vicinity who along with myself didn't eat either, so we were left with nothing..... the afternoon tea was a stale cheese sandwich hard round the edges. Our return journey was not much better we were served pasta, chicken teriyaki and spiced beef chilli wedges. Row 40 only got to choose pasta and spicy beef. Once again nothing to eat..... not everyone can eat spicy foods .......the price of the fares are not the cheapest but we have always travelled Virgin as they were the best but now after two years disappointment I will have to look elsewhere. I was speaking to a few people on the flight and the were all in agreement. Such a shame as Richard Branson has always been my hero! It might be an idea not to give out menu cards and raise people's hopes only to be let done. Please try to improve things !

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Disgraceful. Poor standard poor food poor service.
Booked Virgin Atlantic (VA) one way London to Melb in February 2017 for this Nov flight.
Premium Economy, at $4300 for me and hubby.
First leg VA. PE std poor; plane no different to PE from 17 years ago. Food revolting, hot ‘towel’ (all of one) was a tissue wipe, staff abrupt (with one noted exception; a red haired lass). So uncomfortable with the old design seats cramped cos food tray still stored in the chair arm. Poor leg room also.
WORSE, they ‘on sold’ us to Cathay Pacific (CP) for second leg of HK to Melb. The CP seats were retailing at only $1300, yet we’d paid $4300 to Virgin (which did include the London to HK leg, but still clearly inflated).
UNBELIEVABLY we were unable to be seated together! Tonight we fly out (after a 9 hour wait in HK, I might add) next to strangers for a 9 hour flight!
No one could help us. Not CP and Virgin Atlantic has no rep here at HK we were informed.
We even asked to PAY to upgrade to business, but no spaces there apparently.
VA has shown no regard for us. We were unable to reserve our seats on CA ourselves, just as we couldn’t be given the boarding pass at the London checkin.
We didn’t fuss knowing they would seat us together regardless - but NOT SO.
So despite booking and paying the $4300 9 months ago (see pic) they couldn’t even place us together when they on-sold us for a profit.
Soooo disappointing as we have found Virgin Australia planes and their mobile phone service excellent.
Seriously recommend not to fly VA, especially if heading to Australia.
What a let down from what I always found to be an industry leader in domestic air travel.
Clearly VA is a very different entity it’s Australian arm.
A miserable end to an otherwise wonderful holiday.
Fiona Douglas, Stratford Vic Australia

Reviewed 20 November 2017

We have always flown with Virgin Atlantic and I would not choose another airline. From booking to checking in, its just so simple. Bit annoying that you have to purchase seats considering that you are paying a premium flying with them in the first place. Seats are very comfortable with ample leg room. The staff just seem to get better and better. Always attentive and pleasant. The entertainment system has to be one of the best, lots of choice. You can even plug in your phone to charge. On board wifi is now available at a cost of course. Did not have anything to eat during the flight so cannot comment on that.