“Hanoi trip”
Review of Vietnam Airlines

Reviewed 8 November 2023

Check in smooth as being early, flight was delayed one hour so plenty of time for podcasting. Organized boarding, easy flight and reaching Hanoi in two hours. After flying many flights with Vietnam Airlines, I got decent food, finally .

Date of travel: October 2023
1  Thank Soko37

Reviewed 5 November 2023

Stupidest airlines with slow transfer service. They don't give you visa for onwards flight, no clear instructions and then it's on you to wait at the transfer desk at the international airport to get it yourself. The wait time, can be any thing.

Date of travel: October 2023
Reviewed 3 November 2023

I can honestly day say the worst airline I have ever travelled with and I have used Ryanair in the past. We pre- ordered vegetarian meals for the flight , they didn't have it, kept offering us chicken, the entertainment screen was broken , so could not use for the entire 13 hour flight, the stewardess offered to move my wife to an aisle seat in a different part of the plane , so we would be apart for the whole journey. We didn't have anything to eat for 13 hours except for some dry crackers and a very dry bread roll. The drinks service was incredibly mean, the cabin crew were surley and unattentive, I will never fly with this airline ever again. One more thing the chap in the next seat to me who was not vegetarian, said his inflight meal was the worst food he had ever experienced. Be warned, take your own food on board if you fly with them.

Date of travel: November 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Vietnam A, Chủ sở hữu at Vietnam Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2023

We're sorry for the inconveniences you've experienced. We continuously improve our
app and your feedback plays a big part in ensuring best experience for our users. Please
share us the details of your issue through email onlinesupport@vietnamairlines.com//telesales@vietnamairlines.com to
help us know how best to support you. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 November 2023

We took round trip from Hanoi to Hue. They were short flights and services were limited as no entertainment or only one bottle of water was given. The flight departed on time. Efficient check at AP in although online check in didn’t work for us.

Date of travel: August 2023

DONT FLY WITH VIETNAM AIRLINES
I travelled with Vietnam airlines SYD-CDG. They added in an additional stop over in Vietnam, adding hours to the trip (but wait...there's more).
When we finally got to Paris, they had lost my luggage. It took them days to locate the luggage. Once they advised that they had found it, they said they would bring it to my hotel in Spain. It never turned up.
I then called the airline and after being transferred to different departments numerous times, they admitted that they had lost my luggage AGAIN.
After hours and hours on the phone, I found out my luggage had been passed by Vietnam airlines to 2 other airlines (Air France and Ibera) but was told that Vietnam airlines was still responsible for the luggage and was overseeing it.
When trying to locate the luggage I was told by the other airlines that it wasn't their responsibility and to contact Vietnam airlines, they in turn blamed the other airlines.
I was finally told by a lovely person at Ibera airlines that Vietnam airlines had closed my case (I still hadn't received my luggage). She also advised that my luggage was in Lugo (she said she should be telling me this, but felt sorry for me) and I was told "under no circumstances that I should go to the airport and try and claim my luggage, as I didn't have any email/ proof that the luggage was there".
As I had been without luggage for over a week and a half, against her advice, I then drove to the airport (hours away from where I was staying), lied and said I was told to come and pick it up, they then handed my my luggage.

It is months later after numerous emails and phone calls back and for with Vietnam airlines, the compensation I have been offered it $80 USD for; lost luggage, petrol costs to try and go and claim my luggage, hours and hours lost on my holiday on the phone to the airline/s.
BUT there is more...they cant give me the money because I can not produce the first luggage tag that was on my bag....the worst airline I have ever flown with.

Date of travel: May 2023
1  Thank Alana M

help us know how best to support you. Thank you!

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.