“United airlines flight to Costa Rica ”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 19 February 2019 via mobile

My wife and I booked our most recent Costa Rica trip through United Travel. At the time of booking they offered us a package for flights and hotel that had the best price and most convenient flight times for us. Checkin at the airport went smoother than normal for a United flight. We have flown other airlines the past few years and United seems to give you the least amount of legroom on their planes. We have flown JetBlue and Delta recently and have ,had more leg room,I also feel the seats on some of the other airlines are a bit wider. Food and snacks on all the airlines are all subpar for my taste, we usually bring some snacks on the air with us.You pretty much have too shop around for the best price and deal with being squeezed onto your seat for the flight. My brother and I also fly into Canada every year for our summer fishing vacation. Porter airlines have the most comfortable seats, decent snacks, top customer service, they even have very nice lounges for all their customers too wait in during layovers.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (39,201)

Reviewed 19 February 2019

Direct flight from IAH to Buenos Aires, Argentina. Flight was full. As usual the passengers getting on first take the overhead luggage space even if they are not sitting nearby. Very little assistance from flight attendants throughout the 10 hour flight. They are in the back chatting among themselves instead of seeing to passenger needs. They barrel down the aisle with the food cart knocking passenger's elbows and feet. When not serving food they quickly barrel down the aisles knocking the passenger's elbows and feet again. Gone are the days when passengers were treated with respect by the flight attendants. It's like we're a bother to them now. Few smile or chat. One attendant's hair was constantly in her face to the point she dropped our food trays all over the aisle. She nearly spilled my drink trying to serve the passenger next to me. If they would slow down a bit and take care not to jam the serving cart into the passengers seats, it would be better. It's not like they have to hurry with the food on a 10 hour flight. Seats are jammed together. Very uncomfortable trying to sleep on a long flight. Larger and more comfortable seats would be better. I'm dreading having to fly any length on airlines anymore because of the poor customer service. We are constantly having our seats moved or the plane changed when booking ahead and without notice. We constantly have to check our reservations because of this practice. Pilot was excellent and flight was perfect. Some turbulence but not bad. Did not have to wait long before take off as we some times do.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 19 February 2019

Our roundtrip flights from Cleveland to Liberia, Costa Rica through Houston went well until the computer system crashed in Costa Rica on our way back. Our flight out of Liberia was delayed enough that we missed our connection in Houston. While I was getting the baggage, my wife checked with a United Customer Service agent who handed her a voucher for a hotel room, dinner, and breakfast. They also gave her the tickets for us to fly out on the first United flight the next morning. This was excellent service to make a bad situation as palatable as possible. Hurrah for United Airlines!!

Reviewed 19 February 2019 via mobile

My family flies frequently with United Airlines and have always been pleased. This particular flight was so unusually different from prior experiences. One of the flight attendants could not have been more unprofessional in how she spoke to not only our family, but others around us. Very sarcastic! There were empty rows behind our row that a larger man requested to move to to relieve his crowding of others in his row. She said only if he would pay to change seats. Keep in mind, it was rows behind his existing seat. She went on to say that expensive dresses aren’t free when Nordstrom closes, so why should empty seats on a plane with no more passengers? Not a very pleasant experience to promote customer service for future considerations. Then, after going through customs, we received one if our bags on the luggage carousel within 10 minutes. We waited for 25 additional minutes for our remaining luggage to be loaded onto carousel. We were told it was because there were too many flights coming in at once to get the luggage unloaded. This was by far the worst international experience we have had.

Reviewed 19 February 2019

I was returning to Scotland with Two large pieces of luggage, so decided First Class was best, it was! Having the lounge at Newark for my rather long wait was perfect, after a snack I enjoyed a long shower, then some champagne while I waited to board my flight. Excellent service from the young lady who looked after us, will fly with them again.

Date of travel: January 2019