“Late as usual and very cavalier regarding customers”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 19 February 2019

Direct flight from IAH to Buenos Aires, Argentina. Flight was full. As usual the passengers getting on first take the overhead luggage space even if they are not sitting nearby. Very little assistance from flight attendants throughout the 10 hour flight. They are in the back chatting among themselves instead of seeing to passenger needs. They barrel down the aisle with the food cart knocking passenger's elbows and feet. When not serving food they quickly barrel down the aisles knocking the passenger's elbows and feet again. Gone are the days when passengers were treated with respect by the flight attendants. It's like we're a bother to them now. Few smile or chat. One attendant's hair was constantly in her face to the point she dropped our food trays all over the aisle. She nearly spilled my drink trying to serve the passenger next to me. If they would slow down a bit and take care not to jam the serving cart into the passengers seats, it would be better. It's not like they have to hurry with the food on a 10 hour flight. Seats are jammed together. Very uncomfortable trying to sleep on a long flight. Larger and more comfortable seats would be better. I'm dreading having to fly any length on airlines anymore because of the poor customer service. We are constantly having our seats moved or the plane changed when booking ahead and without notice. We constantly have to check our reservations because of this practice. Pilot was excellent and flight was perfect. Some turbulence but not bad. Did not have to wait long before take off as we some times do.

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (39,201)

Reviewed 19 February 2019

Our roundtrip flights from Cleveland to Liberia, Costa Rica through Houston went well until the computer system crashed in Costa Rica on our way back. Our flight out of Liberia was delayed enough that we missed our connection in Houston. While I was getting the baggage, my wife checked with a United Customer Service agent who handed her a voucher for a hotel room, dinner, and breakfast. They also gave her the tickets for us to fly out on the first United flight the next morning. This was excellent service to make a bad situation as palatable as possible. Hurrah for United Airlines!!

Reviewed 19 February 2019 via mobile

My family flies frequently with United Airlines and have always been pleased. This particular flight was so unusually different from prior experiences. One of the flight attendants could not have been more unprofessional in how she spoke to not only our family, but others around us. Very sarcastic! There were empty rows behind our row that a larger man requested to move to to relieve his crowding of others in his row. She said only if he would pay to change seats. Keep in mind, it was rows behind his existing seat. She went on to say that expensive dresses aren’t free when Nordstrom closes, so why should empty seats on a plane with no more passengers? Not a very pleasant experience to promote customer service for future considerations. Then, after going through customs, we received one if our bags on the luggage carousel within 10 minutes. We waited for 25 additional minutes for our remaining luggage to be loaded onto carousel. We were told it was because there were too many flights coming in at once to get the luggage unloaded. This was by far the worst international experience we have had.

Reviewed 19 February 2019

I was returning to Scotland with Two large pieces of luggage, so decided First Class was best, it was! Having the lounge at Newark for my rather long wait was perfect, after a snack I enjoyed a long shower, then some champagne while I waited to board my flight. Excellent service from the young lady who looked after us, will fly with them again.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 19 February 2019

My husband and I were traveling to Maui with his family and since my husband is a 1K member we got to pick premium economy seats and no one sitting in between us. They did have tablet device entertainment but no seat back entertainment. the premium economy seats are only slightly better. The most disappointing thing for a 9 hour flight we received one small package of airline pretzels and one beverage service. Any other international flight you would get a meal. Would not travel this leg unless in business or first class again!