“To Hawaii: in 18”.”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 17 February 2019

Airline economy class has divided budget travelers into sections. The back of the airliner Lies Basic Economy, with sardine seats and minimal legroom, these are the economy seats many travelers are familiar with. I flew in the next section toward the front - Economy Plus. My seat offered a tetch more legroom while still sandwiching many passengers into the 18” space between armrests. The seat cost me 10,000 miles, though I would have been more comfortable had the seat padding not been desiccated.

Food? Huh, I honestly don’t remember. I took a peanut butter-dill pickle sammie, some corn chips and a satsuma. I liked the hot tea (freezing cabin) and water though.

UAL got me to The Big Island relatively quickly and safely and isn’t that the whole point?

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (39,178)

Reviewed 17 February 2019

This was the first time I have flown with this Airline and I was pleasently surprised at how quickly the flight went due to the inflight entertainment - there were plenty of programmes to choose from. Just when I was thinking of looking at the time, along came some form of drink and food to break the flight up. This was served by very efficient staff. One hostess suggested to me when ordering tea and asking for another tea bag that my choice of drinks in the US may not be tea as I would always be disappointed!
While we all had a pollow and blanket for the outgoing flight this was not nesessary as it was warm on board.
My only bug bear is universal - the seats are functional but not comfortable!

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 38Teresa52
Reviewed 17 February 2019 via mobile

Travelling from New York to Honolulu on UA 363 for the 830am flight (Saturday 16 February). The flight had just started and the flight attendant was giving out earphones (she was responsible for the back of the plane passengers) ..she had passed me as i had fallen asleep. But she had just made her way to the row behind me and i turned to tap her with my finger on her back to say excuse me Miss, could i get a set please.

No sooner had i tapped her, she jumped like she had been attacked, turned around abruptly and yelled loudly at me saying don't touch my back. Instead of apologizing to me, she apologized to other passengers for yelling.

I was shocked as she handed over the earphones angrily. She then spent the 11 hour flight being passive aggressive towards me as if i had wronged her, intentionally bumping her cart into the side of seat throughput the flight, spilling water and ice on me as I slept without as much as an apology.How unprofessional!!!

I hope I don't get her on my return flight back to New York because that would be a nightmare. But if i do get her, i hope she remembers to treat passengers like human beings.

Reviewed 17 February 2019 via mobile

Staff in Paducah are very kind and personable people who must serve in multiple roles due to airport's small size. My feedback for check in personnel: giving plastic wings (promotional items with a dangerous pin) to children who are too young to play with sharp things (or offering them in front of child and parent, putting parent in the potentially challenging position of declining a toy* in front of their child) .... Is not appreciated. *The "toy" is a promotional item for your company (if we're being honest here), which has further ethical implications to consider regarding involving children. I fly United out of Paducah nowadays only because there are no other choices. I paid your company nearly $10k last year in airfare due to a family emergency requiring me to live part time in Paducah, and this year will likely be similar, and it's like pulling teeth on the phone with customer service when I call with any issue. The reason I loathe United has nothing to do with Paducah personnel, in fact they are your saving grace. I'D LIKE TO OFFER STRONG FEEDBACK ABOUT YOUR POLICY OF DISRESPECTING YOUR CUSTOMERS BY FORCING THEM TO LISTEN TO PROMOTIONS FOR YOUR CREDIT CARD WHILE CAPTIVE IN THEIR SEATS. I ALSO DETEST YOUR POLICY OF CANCELLING THE PADUCAH FLIGHT FIRST DUE TO CHICAGO WEATHER because it is a small plane and therefore inconveniences fewer paying customers.

Reviewed 17 February 2019 via mobile

The flight is 7.5 hours. I was connecting through Honolulu to Guam. My incoming flight from Houston was delayed, so they held the flight in Honolulu.

The business class service has gone down a bit since my last United long haul flight. No appetizers and no formal menu. There was a pork or a chicken option. I chose the pork, which was way over cooked, very tough. The highlight was the ice cream sundae. The service staff were excellent and friendly.

Resting was quite the challenge in the very narrow seats. It was mad even worse due to my seat not reclining but halfway. Other seats around me laid flat. Mine was the only one with a problem.

5  Thank Reagan10