“Comparable to Other Airlines”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Sometimes the seats are comfortable and sometimes they aren't. Just like other airlines. The service is just OK. Nothing special.

Date of travel: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (38,019)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Flight boarding and departure were all on time. United has changed it's boarding process unfortunately most folks ignore it and still crowd the gate when it's not their group # - BTW, they will turn you away possibly, happened to the person in front of me. Anyway, we left on time and the service on the flight was great. Another heads-up, have the United App (person next to me did not) if you want to watch free WI-FI movies - the announcement was made in the gate area to do this and you cannot download the app in flight. Meal was good for only 2 choices. When we landed a gate agent was waiting for myself and another flyer to drive us the next gate (we were at E terminal and had to get to B) with a short connection time. Houston had just gone through a weather delay from rain. Made the connection with no issues and bags made it also.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a lot of messing around at LJR and so even though the actual flight was10 hours 20 we where actually in our seats for 11 hours. The configuration and comfort of the seats on this 777 is not the greatest but United are trying and provide small memory foam lumbar pillows and seat pads to make the seats more comfortable. Staff where good and food ok. The very long walk from the main terminal shops to the gate takes at least 15 minutes.

Reviewed 18 January 2019

I must admit i was worried with all the negative reviews for this airline however we had no issues at all. We did 2 flights with United on our recent trip to the USA. This one I was particularly concerned about (Orlando to New York) because I'd paid a fortune to attend the NBA that night.I didn't need to be. Both flights were on time and all the staff from check in to the cabin crew were fantastic. I didn't find their economy class any smaller all bigger than other airlines! I would not hesitate to fly United again.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 18 January 2019 via mobile

Outbound flight -refused to board my flight which now I know was because they had someone on standby or something as I had over an hour to go through security and walk to the gate.

The supervisor was extremely rude with her curt and smart remarks and snatched the tags from my bag, which had the time I had printed my luggage label. My label was printed at 6:45 am my flight was at 8am, security and walk to gate took about 25 mins. I was denied boarding this flight and was put on a flight 2 hrs later. Luckily I had the tear off part which also had the time and so I sent this to united as evidence, that I had ample time to board my original flight. Besides if I had arrived too late to check bags in the machine I’m told will not print the luggage label.

I almost missed my connecting flight, which I had booked separately. The one compliment would be for 1 member of united, Jennie at the flight gate. When I got the later flight, I explained what had happened and she did everything possible to enable me to catch my connecting flight. Once I got on the flight i experienced the worst service I have ever experienced on a plane as the hostesses kept hitting me with the trolley, even after politely informing them that this was occurring.

I traveled back with my husband, the flight almost reached the runway then we had to return to the gate as there was an issue with the plane, long story short first it was the plane issue, then a change of pilots, then change of plane, then they had to recater for the new plane, then a change of the cabin crew nearly 13 hours later we finally took off. We both missed work the next day due to the delay.

The airline offered us $200 which I declined as I do not want to experience this service ever again. I thought it was a one off, but I am told this is a regular occurrence by a few sources including airport staff.

I look forward to receiving my refund and staying clear from united.

1  Thank tatenda_metzger