“Average Service, but good price and it was on time!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was average, even for Business Class the service was very average. The price I got was good though, and they were on time. United has been offering good prices lately.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (37,842)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked an aisle seat in economy plus flying to and from Edinburgh. I confirmed my reservation the night before for both flights and when I got to the airport they had changed my seat. They put me in a window seat in economy on both flights. It was very upsetting and they were very rude and nasty when I tried to find out what happened to my seats. They refused to do anything about it. All the horrible stories you hear about United are true. I found that out first hand.

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

They’ve done it again. United Airlines reassured me that their service program remains entirely inadequate.
This time? A three hour delay for our flight from Newark to SFO( no doubt in part because we got to the airport early.)
I can appreciate that flights are not uncommonly delayed and cancelled these days. We fly from four to six times a year and i would say at least 1/3rd of our flights are problematic.
I can appreciate that United flight attendants( particularly in Economy) act like they dislike their jobs, their clients, or both. I am getting used to it
What I find difficult to comprehend is that United does not have a rational process in place to at least provide the customer with regular updates during a 3 hr delay, and a bit of sustenance when we are all stuck at the gate. Not asking for much, but perhaps after 45 min bring a beverage cart around with some options and perhaps a snack( not lorna doones or oreo’s please... you can do better than that.)
One would think that this never happens given the ineptitude of the United Staff.
It would be one thing if delays and/or cancellations were rare but they are regular events so develop a process; have your customer service gurus come up with some templates that your “I ‘d rather be somewhere else” staff can master and implement
Final comment. When we finally got on the plane the staff was quite considerate and attentive but they did make a point of the fact that we were getting special consideration due to the delay.
It was a relief to not get the same rotten service United was giving on it’s on time flights

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our flight was delayed approximately 2 hours in Punta Cana. We had a connecting flight to Chicago. Our flight from Punta Cana to Chicago had TV's but for an extra cost. I bought tequila in the duty free store in Punta Cana. We went through customs in Chicago and we had to re-check our checked bags after hauling our bags to the domestic terminal. I also had to put my duty free tequila in my check bag. Our flight to SFO was delayed approximately 3 hours, there was not enough seats at the gates in Chicago while we waited. Our flight to SFO did not have TV's or phone chargers.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I find most of the flight attendants helpful and nice. The counter agents are always helpful and welcoming. Not sure how best to handle this situation but I have noticed all the wheelchair attendants have been lined-up on the getaway as you get out of the door. that walkway is already narrow and adding wheelchairs and an army of attendants is not exactly how you like to be welcomed to a new city.