“Denver to San Fran”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not friendly service, barely OK. People associated with the airline seemed remote, disinterested and only just there for themselves. I expected better customer service from an american airline - its obvious these people do not rely on tips and don't care about the experience people have with them.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (35,296)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I actually have to wait in a line to verify that I don’t have any “carry-ons” or I can’t get my boarding pass even though I am a “pre-check” passenger! Its hard to acknowledge that one of Americas great airlines is hard to tell the difference between the other low-cost poor reputation airlines! I am actually going to put Spirit ahead of United nowadays! United is not low-cost...it’s becoming low-class!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My trip started out fine flying out of Charlotte, but that was it. Due to weather and a medical emergency at the gate we were supposed to park at we we're stuck in the plane for an hour after arriving. I new my flight would be delayed and asked a flight attendant if he wouldn't mind helping me, he said he would find when the next flight to Honolulu would be, he never got back to me, this was at Newark. At Newark I went to the customer service area for about 50 to 75 they only had one person working one of the counters, there were about 6 stations that could be manned. The one person was maybe seeing about a person every 25 minutes so the line was building pretty fast on top of that. Meanwhile there was someone who appeared to be the manager just looking at the mess in front of him. When someone asked him about he basically just ignored the guy and stormed off. During this time I also received an email saying that flight to Hawaii had been delayed another 30 minutes so I could have made my flight, but I got the notification an hour late. Because of the situation of the line I called the customer service number and was on hold for an hour. I was able to get someone and they gave me a new ticket for the next day. So I called the baggage people to get my bags moved to my new flight, they said no problem. After about another hour or so I received a new flight notification saying my new flight had been cancelled due to mechanical problems, so I did the whole process again and was able to get a new flight arriving pretty late the next day. I called the luggage people again and they said no problem, again. Not only was I deprived of 2 of my vacation days, but also I found out they left my bags in New Jersey. I will not be flying United again.

1  Thank beckyr791
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Economy plus gives you 4 extra inches of leg room which is a big improvement, but most seats did not recline and the seat padding was thin. In spite of the additional legroom, it was a very uncomfortable overnight flight. Service and food ok. Customer service was very good at airports so only complaint was the very uncomfortable seating.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sat in the back of the plane, what used to be called economy class but is now sub economy class. legroom wasn't bad as I had nothing under the seat in front of me so I was able to put my feet on the floor. The food was acceptable, you can expect too much on an airplane. Cabin crew were great, I have found United's employees to be pretty good overall. We had a great tailwind and got there in 5 hours, over an hour early. This is the only flight in the morning from Newark to London so I have very little choice. I would recommend United for this particular route, they're all pretty much the same. Seats, however, are really uncomfortable. Your butt starts to go numb after a while.