“Awake for 37 hours- not fun! Not United's fault, SFO's fault”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Travelocity handled my travel arrangements. I was informed after I got home that my flight would be delayed- for 14 hours. I spent more time hung up (to dry) in San Francisco airport (14 hours) than it took me to fly from Australia to San Francisco (13 hours, 30 minutes) trying to get home. My wife and I were up for 37 hours because SFO decided to make some runway repairs which delayed1/3 to 1/2 their flights that day (Sept 29th). Had I known, had I been informed in a timely manner of this impediment by the travel company, we probably could have re-routed back home by another route. It took me a 2 days for transmeridian adjustment on my way to Australia, over 1 week to adjust on the return.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,691)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew direct from Sydney to San Francisco, this was a 13+ hour flight and we were not looking forward to it and had heard some not so good reports about United.
We were pleasantly surprised, United were excellent, staff were friendly, excellent on board entertainment, plenty of refreshments and meals and even plenty of leg room in economy. We flew on a 787 Dreamliner and would be happy to fly United on a long haul flight again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were told that our kids (2 and 3 year old!) GUARANTEED will be sitting next to us in the plane, and we were told that the representative at the gate counter will reassign the seats at the gate so we are not separated from our toddlers. When we got to the gate, at least an hour before departure, the gate attendant said that she cant help us and she said that we had to negotiate with the passengers in the plane and try to convince them to switch seats so we could be with our toddlers!!.
Very disappointed with this airline.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

because United offer me the chance to upgrade to 1st class for only 200.00 each way I decided to try. for 200.00 it was worth it but wouldn't pay much more than that. Much larger seat, better food, free cocktails, first off the plane. I have flown United many times and other than ignorant fellow passengers I have never had a problem, but maybe that is because I follow the rules.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

United has gotten a lot of grief and much of it deserved. Took flight 676 from Orange county to Houston and we left on time and landed early.